Remember the year 2002-2006

Discussion in 'Remember When?' started by Libbygrable87, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Libbygrable87

Libbygrable87 Members

I know I feel old.

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the main thing i remember about 2002, besides my wife still being alive and well, was that it was less then a year after 2001, and a lot of people wanted to make war and destroy other countries, none of which actually had anything to do with it, because of it. 2006 wife and i went to f.c., the big furry convention in san jose, which was and i think still is, in january. not sure which was the first year we went to it, but it was the fifth year it had existed and the last year it was held in san mateo. the following years, its been held in or near san jose's convention center.
    in 2002 i was 54. so those were the years i started becoming elegable for senior discounts. still didn't have my pension yet, but my wife did.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I was in High School, Junior College and beginning University

4. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

I used to get up on Saturday mornings to watch TMNT and Winx Club. I'd stay up to watch Gilmore Girls with my mom. I came home from school and had cucumbers and apple sauce while my pet gecko ate from my spoon. My mom screamed at me for feeding a lizard at the table. I met my bestest friend in the world in 2004.

Innocent times. They were pointless and profound at the same time.

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Gilmore Girls, loved that show, great dialogue

everything bagel likes this.
  6. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

My all time favorite show... :)

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I was a Dawson's Creek tragic as well, that ended 2003

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

are you a full grown sorri now?

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I bet that's a norwegian name. I know Snorri is.

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

What have I got to do to make you want me
    What have I got to do to be heard
    What do I say when it's all over?
    And snorri seems to be the hardest word

11. I was a uni student doing certificate IV in Information technology

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

like it was yesterday. has it really been more then a decade since?

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

in 2002 i was 54 years old, in 2006 i was 58 years old. those years were during the time my wife was alive. can't say as i remember anything special about them.
    i remember the shrub regeme was in power, and was pretty messed up, but not trying to destroy the country entirely, just really clumsy and mostly a puppet of those who financed it.
    i guess really other then the shrub, at the moment i can't really thing of anything especially noteworthy about that particular span of years.
    i think i was still volunteer docenting at the carnage library and model railroad museum in roseville california, though not spending as much time there as before i met my wife.
    i believe i was attending baha'i feast every 19 days during that time. nope, really nothing any more nor less then any other span of four years in my life.
    i think 2005 was the furst year my wife and i attended the once a year FURther CONfusion furry convention in san jose, which we continued to for the remainder of her life.
    (which i went one year longer in 2011, after she passed away in 2010. in 2012 i moved up to reno and been going yearly to BLFC, the yearly furry convention up here in reno)

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

was lexx still live in those years? and benny hill maybe. and are you being served and a bunch of other brit coms, black adder not sure.
    also b5 and i forget what else. internet was still relatively young and hadn't been entirely over run by commercial business interests nor entirely monetized.

too recent to be what i remember of the 80s and 70s, let alone 60s. science fiction was big in the 80s and that's mostly what i look back at.
    in the 90s furry took its place as over popularity began to take its tole, much these days as furry is suffering and i'm not sure what there is or will be to take its place.
    back in the 60s, for me it was about trains, and the 70s discovering the wide world of nature.

15. Gee S

Gee S Members

Arsenal were goood!

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

like it was yesterday. you mean it wasn't?