Remember the year 2002-2006

Discussion in 'Remember When?' started by Libbygrable87, Feb 3, 2019.

1. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Yes! That was on the MTV rotation too.

and this

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I do not recall MTV actually playing music videos past the year 2000

3. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

And this song, which never ages:

guerillabedlam likes this.
  4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i never judge a band by its guitar player;
    nor its lead singer if it has one,
    but keybordists and basists, if it has any,
    or their orchestral equivalents,
    unless he's using it as a midi controller.

how did a discussion of years x to y,
    become one about popular music?

well the years in question were years during which i was married and my wife was alive.
    i cooked, she hussled collector barbies and did tayloring.

we cuddled.

she watched tv and i made things on the computer.
    she smoked herself to death, fortunately outside where i didn't have to breathe it.

she wanted me to drive her everywhere when we furst got together.
    by the years in question, the car, a hornet wagon, was long dead and sold for scrap.

considering i was born in 1948, these were not the most interesting and rewarding years of my life.

first time i lived in one place long enough to build something resembling a model railroad layout though,
    which i had been wanting to do from the time i was one year old.

the internet was more fun then, before economic interests took over search engines with what they called relevance,
    which they wanted you to thing meant relavence to anything useful you might have been looking for,
    but really meant relavence to people wanting to sell you something.

the shrub made me embarassed to be a u.s.-ian, but at least you could laugh at him,
    if you could ignore all the people he caused to be dead.

for an excuse that had nothing to do with any of them.

5. Libbygrable87

Libbygrable87 Members

Emo rock I still listen to those bands.

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Kids....

themnax, McFuddy and soulcompromise like this.
  7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i didn't realize anyone actually considered kiss a good band.

8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

to me, it was the period when all my work in the film industry and my long term design engineering contracts at Heathrow airport all dried up at once.
    I spent a while solving metering problems for the national grid and even returned to some medical work in cardiology. I ended up spending 2 years driving a London ambulance.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  9. morrow

morrow Visitor

Worse years of my life.. lost my new daughter in law, mum and dad.. best of it was I became a new grandparent.. that changed everything..

wilsjane likes this.
  10. wilsjane

You reminded me of the sad times when Jane's sister was full of excitement after being able to spend a week with us in London. About a week after she returned home, she started complaining of headaches and she died 4 days later, She was only 9. Although it was back in the 1970's we still think about her today.
    On a brighter note, This week end, Christina was talking about starting a family, so we may be grandparents soon. Needless to say, I avoided the subject of a nursery.

11. morrow

morrow Visitor

Way to go Will... best time of your life.. your going to be a brilliant gramps.. lol

wilsjane likes this.
  12. wilsjane

Being an only child, it will seem a bit surreal to me. Jane takes it all in her stride, she has 9 brothers and 4 sisters. Between them they have enough children to fill a coach.

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

those were the years i went to the furry convention in san jose california called further confusion. i was living in roseville, 15 miles north east of sacramento, and each year my wife and i rode that amtrac non-reserve capitol corridor commute down to san jose from there, which i also did for the last time in 2011, a year after she died. after moving up here to reno in 2012 i've been attending the convention called biggest little fur con; blfc, which is so close to where i live i could walk, but just fare enough to prefer riding the bus.

i do miss riding the train every year, which would be way too expensive on my pension from where i live now.

14. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Sure, I listened to Taking Back Sunday a lot.

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

listened to world beat and lots of things on kvmr, and on npr, to harts of space and thistle and shamroc.

didn't like living in california's central valley. (loved the sierras east of there i grew up in though).
    too much humidity and summers too hot and way too long.
    we did rent a whole house to ourselves though, and it even had a little bit of a garden.
    and our landlord there let us have all we wanted from his fruit trees. (lemon, cherry, peach)
    even gave us some of his jam.

16. My ex-friend had like, a crush on these two guys. Not a real crush, but he kissed their asses. And I was making fun of them for saying they respected My Chemical Romance and he was all, "I respect them too." What a dick.

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

As we go on
    We remember
    All the times we
    Spent togetherrr

18. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I do remember that timeframe quite well. I deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq during that time.

Irminsul likes this.
  19. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Man, I liked that song! Never seen the video before and now I like the song even more:D

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

wait. are we talking about the past? just kidding. but only not much more then a decade doesn't seem like that long any more.

sheesh, i can remember when it would have to me though.