Remember the year 2002-2006

Discussion in 'Remember When?' started by Libbygrable87, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Libbygrable87

Libbygrable87 Members

I do mostly because I was doing time not in prison but a prison like place called High School. I could talk about Middle School but that is a whole another batch of warms. I went to public school for my freshmen and sophomore year I thought high school sucked but I had my group of friends and. my swim team and track. I was going to join the Gay Straight Alliance and come out my junior year as bisexual. My Dad put me in Catholic school in my Junior year no more swim team, German Classes, going out to eat and no coming out. I thought I was in jail and hated everyone but a few people I was nice to your face but had a chip on my shoulder. I was an atheist. I got sick my senior year and then I found out was bipolar. I loved Pink Floyd and old music but secretly loved top hits. I was a big Roger Waters fan. Things were simple then. I feel as I am older the world has gotten more hateful. I thought with all the rights of humans people would be happy but no. I have seen so much change. I am not angry anymore. I am more loving.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

those were my undergrad years, so i remember very little.

3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I was working at a chicken processing plant; definitely the grossest job I've ever held. Every afternoon I came home covered in chicken shit, feathers and blood. And my own sweat. A shower never felt so good.

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I was a raver! Lol. laugh it up. Yes that was when I was a member of an online community of ravers who regularly attended events in Southern California. Wow. So much has changed. But yeah... around 2006 something changed. People were not on the website anymore. Then in 2011 (i think) yahoo chat finally bit the dust. That was my online home for some time as well, as it had a feature that allowed the user to broadcast music within a chatroom setting. Anywho...

I remember that time. That was when I was in my twenties and getting off of drugs.

5. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Those were some good years for me. I broke outta my shell in 2001 and became a rebel and a party goer.

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Think you will find later on all your problems stem from listening to Pink Floyd and admitting that to people

7. I used to hang out in Punk 'n' Ska 'n' Thrash on yahoo chat. Good times. Those were the best chatrooms ever.

2002 to 2006, I was living in Detroit and then South Carolina. They were the best of times; they were the worst of times.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

SC, site of the infamous headbutting incident.
    Where in SC were you? Just curious

YouFreeMe likes this.
  9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

not infamous enough, unless i'm forgetting something?

10. soulcompromise

I went in that room too. I was into electronica too though. And Rock. Was there a hip hop room? I can't remember. I wasn't ever that into hip hop. There must have been one.

11. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I find this statement disturbing. :confused2:

12. soulcompromise

I can hardly believe that you don't like Pink Floyd! "Money" and all that? That song must've been really cool for its time.

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i can hardly believe that anyone does like pink floyd.

i guess they may have been novel for their time, but since i've been alive their music has just sounded awful.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

He was just talking in another thread about how a south carolinian headbutted him once lol

15. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

The Time guitar solo is the best.

soulcompromise likes this.
  16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Speaking of this time frame

Facebook is 15 years old today

Launched from His Harvard dorm room in 2004

And this one is a weird one because for some reason it feels like Facebook has been around forever

17. soulcompromise

I liked "Meddle". The music sort of told a story of a different time for me. I can't describe it. But I think they were more than simply novel, though I see what you mean being that I made reference to "Money". That wasn't their best imo.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  18. I'm sure there was a rap room. Right before it closed there were all kinds of rooms, including hardcore sex rooms.

soulcompromise likes this.
  19. soulcompromise

When facebook was in its infancy I was a yahoo chat regular. It seems like people were using instant messaging quite a bit even before there were these mega-platforms of what we now know is social media.

20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Ummmm... That's more than one year, just sayin'

MidtownMind likes this.