Remember the Old Hippy Chat?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by honeyhannah, May 24, 2006.

1. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Like 2004 and back? That chat was independant of the hipforums right? And how would I go about getting a chat in that same format or on a similar server? If anyone knows anything about that chat, or if you were ever there, please speak up. I don't know how to relay what I'm saying because I don't know the terms of internet use and such, but I'd love to talk about that chat, even if you don't know how I can get one like it.

I was usually 'live' on that chat, and it ruled!

2. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

When I try to go to "chat" I just get a red x.

3. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I remember the Old Hippie Chat, back in 1988 I used to frequent it a lot. Most people here probably did not even post at the Hipfora and I think all of the old chatters have gone by now.

4. happyhippyflower

happyhippyflower Sucker Punch

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I kinda miss the old hipforums as a whole...

6. GooBoy

GooBoy Banned

It was nicer. Not that I know.

7. steffan

steffan puffin

not sure what it is your asking hannah, you can start a chatroom in either java or irc.
    what made the old chat so good though was art and stella watching over it. if you remeber the decline realy began after art left us and stella got a little fed up and started making all of us mods. hell , even saint was a mod for awhile, and booted more people than all others combined, sometimes just because he thought it was funny
    I dont know if you still pop in or not, but it is getting better, fyl is good dude who dosnt try to shape it in his own image or punish people who dont agree with him.
    there are some good regulars too,
    the comeradery is not there the way it was though, and there is drama that we wouldnt tolerate then, but its not bad.
    guess you cant go home again

8. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

There are a lot (by a lot, i mean somewhere between 5-10) of the "old crew" pop in the chatroom every now and again..... they usually say Hi... sit in deathly silence for ten mins... ignore anyone they don't know...have a quick moan about how it was so much better in the old days... then fuck off again.. boring twats :)

(it's easy to set up your own chat on irc tho'... as long as you have server space for the purpose and a reliable client... i'll leave that to someone more familiar with the techy stuff to explain tho'... good luck if you go ahead!)