remember making gimp bracelets at camp?

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by cerridwen, May 31, 2004.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I've fallen in love again with camp crafts... I miss them! I've spent the last couple weeks making gimp bracelets and friendship braclets again and giving them as gifts...

2. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

umm, pardon my poor-deprived-never-went-to-summer-camp-do-they-even-exist-down-here state, but what's a gimp bracelet?

3. Megara

Megara Banned

i think they are just bracelets out of multicolored plastic lanyard that you 'weave' together

4. FreeSpiritedMelody

FreeSpiritedMelody changes poopy diapers

I remember! And there were all different ways to make them.. like the box and the barrell... ahh the good ol days at summer camp

5. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

Oh man I was a stupid child, I never quite understood how to do those and got so frustrated with them...

6. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I made a whole bunch when I was at day camp in CA visiting my dad, then I came home to Nashville and taught my friends how to do it, and it became such a huge fad at my school that the whole country banned them... :D hehe.... everyone just kept trying to make them in class and stuff and it annoyed the teachers, so they're illegal now. Thanks to me. :)