Remember Hit Clips?

Discussion in 'Remember When?' started by la Principessa, Jan 6, 2019.

1. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

These things were so pointless but before mp3 players I would shell out the money for 30 second clips of songs. I thought it was so futuristic at the time lol
    5aa01be828ab11ee854bb54e.png

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Never heard of them...

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

why don't i remember this? :)

4. la Principessa

No 90s babies here? Lol

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah i think i completely missed this one.

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I was born in nineteen eighty. I was a teenager in the late nineties. When was this product being marketed? I wouldn't think I'd I've missed it, but yeah... I haven't heard of hit clips until seeing this thread.

7. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Yes, Principessa, I remember them :).

We must be around the same age.

la Principessa likes this.
  8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I'm not the same age but I remember them. I always thought they were full songs though. I thought they were a ripoff at the price for a full song so I never considered them, (also it's not like there was a bunch of nirvana songs on them back then) but if I had known they were just partial songs I might have destroyed them at toys r us just for carrying them.

9. 1989 here

Never heard of it.

Maybe it's still gonna happen in Croatia

10. Lady Shadow

Lady Shadow Art is But a Shadow of the Divine Perfection

I was born in 1980 as well, and I think I remember those. I had a pocket rocker??? I think that's what they were called. But they held two songs: Tequila (Pee-Wee Herman version) and La Bamba. They were cool but limited.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've never seen one 0.o

12. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Never Heard Of......Nor Sighted One Till Now.....:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

13. la Principessa

Nope, that's why they were called hit "clips" because it's only a clip of the song. A total waste of money but I was a dumb kid back then lol

14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Never heard of this but googled it and I think mp3 players were around, because I had an mp3 player around that time.

The mp3 players were vastly different. They (at least what my parents could afford) could only store like 20 songs and each song would have like a 5-10 second buffer before playing. I also seem to recall if you moved around alot, it would buffer.

I was not into pop music either.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My first MP3 was a MP3 shuffle. I didn't like that it only shuffled.

16. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

lmao yea. my little sisters would go crazy for these back then.

17. KL71

KL71 Yanks since '81/Fins since '83 :)

I don't remember those at all. Going by the picture, it has to be around 1999 or so.

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

haiving been born in the late 1940s, i remember top 40 am radio, but i'm glad i never heard of, nor got conned into anything like that.
    and why would anyone have paid for what they could have downloaded legitimately for free?
    because if this is something from the 90s, then the internet and doing so would have already existed.
    80s i can see dumb kids getting sucked into it. 70s and before the technology depicted wouldn't yet have existed.
    and by the 80s, most popular music consumers, were aware there was more out there then top 40, and closer to their own diversity of individual taste.
    so i kind of think its no wonder, most of us are unlikely to have heard of it, nor likely it went very far for its promoters.
    of course, that would make it rare, and like any junk that got trashed in its time, making it rare, there's probably some rich loonie out there, that would spend big bux to collect.
    or perhaps not. well i might have seen something like that (and just not noticed). looks like something kids could have snuk into school, which was probably the entire market for it.