Regan died

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mui, Jun 5, 2004.

1. duke the hippie

duke the hippie Member

I must share one more interesting story about Reagan with you;When Reagan was president The Beach Boys were scheduled to do an outdoor concert at the White House, only to have the concert cancelled by some White House staffer, saying they didn't want that long haired hippie music polluting the White House. As it turns out it was Ronald and Nancy Reagan who invited The Beach Boys to play the White House. The Reagans were huge Beach Boys fans. I wonder were that White House staffer is today. :D

2. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Likely left to work for one of the many "think tanks" that administration staff members typically move into when one administration gives way to the next.

3. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That was James Watt, Secretary of the Interior and all-around asshole. He described the Beach Boys' music as hard rock. Reagan apologized to the Beach Boys and Watt didn't last much longer before Reagan let him go.

4. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

That would be the same James Watt who described his staff in the following quote:

5. duke the hippie

duke the hippie Member

Thanks everybody. I was thinking it was James Baker, but it was James Watts I didn't want to post the name until I was sure. Once again, thank you.

6. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

I always thought Watt had a very appropriate name. With that bulbous bald head and skinny neck, he looked like a walking lightbulb....:)

7. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

lol. jeez, what a freak.

8. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If I recall, as Secretary of the Interior Watt didn't give a damn about the environment and made George W. Bush look like a member of Greenpeace! I don't have any details about him handy. Ellis?