Regan died

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mui, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Mui

Mui Senior Member

WOW!
    I just made that post about the worst president, and gave reAgan that title... now hes dead.

Hmm,
    may satan have mercy on his soul.

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

bless his heart... :( He wasn't the greatest President, but he's a sweet old man and he deserves respect for toughing it out for so long. ;)

3. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It's breaking news, Ronald Reagan is dead at 93.

4. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

Well, part of me wishes the old Gipper to rest in peace, he at least had a pleasant personality. And making it to 93 (though probably not knowing it), gotta say that's impressive.

The other part of me thinks what Hunter S. Thompson entitled his article about the late Richard Nixon - "He Was Still a Crook."

5. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

thats sad.................................................

6. GrievousAngel

GrievousAngel Banned

Disrespectful swine, Reagan was a great president. I never saw anything wrong with bringing the end of communism in sight, ending double digit inflation, and cutting money to welfare.

7. Mui

Mui Senior Member

regan was a peice of shit, fascist.

8. GrievousAngel

GrievousAngel Banned

Ooooh, I'm a facist for liking somone you don't? Aren't you just a little bit hypocritical there?

9. Mui

Mui Senior Member

i meant, regan was a peice of shit fascist.

10. Re-ElectGore

Re-ElectGore Member

Mui,

Comments like yours are what give the left a bad rap, and are what has alienated me from the left. Ronald Reagan was a fine man. Although you may not agree with his polices (I sure didn't), let him rest in peace. He was a fine fan, and once you get past partisanship, a fine President.

11. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Calling someone a disrespectful swine is no different that calling someone a piece of shit. They are both insults (even though Mui was referring to Regan, and not Angel).

Personally, I don't like what Regan did for the country, and therefore I don't think he was a good president.

Mui's posts have nothing to do with Regan resting in peace, and no one should be forced to like or respect a person.

12. GrievousAngel

GrievousAngel Banned

Respect for the dead is sacred. Simple as that, bashing a dead man who had the highest approval rating of any out going president must say something about his character.

13. Mui

Mui Senior Member

lmao right it must!!! cause your such a genius.

14. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Why? There dead. Why should we glorify someone who'se died? I mean, do you have respect for the dead "terrorists?" Betcha the answer is no. Regan wasn't the worst president by any means (Bush holds that title in my heart) but I don't know if I'd call him a great president. I remeber seeing a shirt from back in the 80's underground that said "I voted Regan" Real funny.

15. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Well, that honestly is a matter of opinion. Mui may feel that his own personal freedom to say and think how he wants is more important than respect for the dead.

No one should have to respect or like a person that the majority liked.

But to that same accord, Angel, you have every right to feel upset about Mui's disrespect.

But the cliche is true, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar ;)

16. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I don't think it's very classy to celebrate anyone's death, especially when his body is still freaking warm.... it hasn't even been three hours! You guys are being totally disrespectful and I hope it comes back to you tenfold.

17. GrievousAngel

GrievousAngel Banned

I have respect for anyone who died. Even if their death was an act of senseless violence, perhaps it's my moral character or upbrining that causes this.

But i do wonder, why do you hate Bush so much? What has he or his policies did to affect your life?

18. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Members

ok i agree with you about respecting someone when they die, but the part about Bush..hmm lets see here, for one..innocent people from both sides are being killed, the war is pointless..he's a liar..if we don't get him out..we are probably going to all die before 2010 because of this damn war..need i say more cause i can keep on listing!

19. GrievousAngel

GrievousAngel Banned

OMG, he like lied because of faulty intelligence from both British and American intellingence agencies. He didn't lie he did what he thought was best, given the intelligence he had. I am no fan of the war myself, but since we are only gonna be in power then for oh 24 more days, i think it's best to stop beating a dead horse.

20. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Members

OMG..then why the hell are we still over there?? what's the point!? Oh, i bet we aren't out of Iraq within 24 days..and another thing the ones that are still in the military that are supposed to be up for retirement, just got notified they still have to remain in active duty for another year? So, think on that one..yep you're right the great BUSH said that we will give Iraq back..hmm just like..everything else he said, wasn't a lie? The ones that are still over in Iraq..are still going to be over there..You can't beat a dead horse, when he's still screwing it all up..Everything that has happened about this damn war is pathetic YES we got Saddam out, but for what price, alot of innocent people died for that..The whole reason we went over there was a lie..and it's just got everyone even more pissed off at us..it's not worth it, I'm sick of this war and I'm sick of people trying to feed me the bullshit about what a great president Bush is, cause he's not..of course this is my opinion..and ya know what, it's not just MY opinion it is the opinion of many others.. don't preach to me about how great BUSH is..cause he's not alot of people have been killed..and for what?! Now with that said..Peace