Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Redhead420_23F, May 27, 2006.

1. Redhead420_23F

Redhead420_23F Member

Ok who else was LOL at this movie? I frikin LOVED it! I don't have showtime, but my friend taped it and showed it to me, and I liked it sooo much I ended up buying the dvd off of amazon. It is SO funny!

It's based off of the original 1936 cult classic "Reefer Madness"

Are there any threads on this already, & where would I find them under? (I'm laazzy right now lol )

2. m6m

m6m Member

I saw it, and I fell out of my seat laughing!

This is the only musical comedy where every musical note, every movement of dance and every funny line perfectly and seamlessly underscores and punctuates the fullest meaning of every scene of the story.

And the story itself is perhaps the most brilliant expose' of the psycho-pathologies that comically and tragically produce the absurd behavioral patterns of our American Gothic-Puritan culture that I've ever seen on film.

In this film we clearly see the repressed absurdity of what we think of as everyday normality.

You have to see it to believe it!

3. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

I haven't seen the musical, but I've seen reefer madness and that was fucking excellent... especially the hit-and-run!