rectal exam as part of a pap smear/pelvic exam?

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by lawngirl, Jan 4, 2005.

1. lawngirl

lawngirl Member

hey maggie, yeah, i wrote to the hospital where the doctor was on staff at. i think i'll write again. that's a really good idea about contacting the licensing board! thank you! i have to spend the afternoon waiting around my apartment for the repairmen, so i'm going to try that today... gives me something very productive to do while i wait. ;) hopefully none of my (or anyone's!) friends or sisters or family ever have to deal with a doctor like him, so i hope this letter is the straw that breaks the doctors file (so to speak).

it's crazy that a doctor asked you to promise to stop having sex! i had a uti when i was a little kid, too, thanks to mr. bubble. but it definitely wasn't from having sex with mr. bubble! :p hah! it's scary when doctors make rash assumptions to push their own (political) adjenda... in making their assumptions it's scary what they might overlook (namely, the real cause). it makes me wonder if they ever read the forms you fill out, and what important questions they are "forgetting" to ask. it's no wonder people are prescribed medication that can have a potentially fatal interaction with other meds they're on, or are given useless meds, or are denied much needed medication.

2. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

OH, my first one was from Mr Bubble too!

Good luck on your letter writing. I hope you get results.

I'm waiting on a dryer repair person today, too. Fun, huh?

3. BrokenHunny

BrokenHunny Member

i hate pap smears- omg i had to sit bottom naked *duh* and wait for the doctor and the nurse didnt shut the door all the way so I was too scared to death to get up and shut the door, because I kept thinking any second someones going to walk in and see me with my fat white hairy legs waiting for my checkup

4. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

2 in the pink
    1 in the stink