Reconciliation

Discussion in 'Canada' started by GuerrillaLorax, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It seems I share a lot of insights with buddhists. But I got them without getting into Buddhism/Buddha.

Irminsul likes this.
  2. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

If you reread the post, all your questions will be answered.

Which Indigenous "americans"? Or Indigenous "canadians"? There are many hundreds of Indigenous Nations, each with their own spiritual practices, societal structures and systems of government (or lack of).

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The Indians brah.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  4. GuerrillaLorax

Oh you were talking about India this whole time! My bad

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

the Cherokee types brah.
    and Apachee.

you know, indians. lol

6. GuerrillaLorax

Those are 2 out of hundreds of entirely seperate nations. Would be like comparing China to Japan. Or Iceland to France.

7. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Why do people waste so much time pondering things that are never going to happen?

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

how is China and Japan hundreds of entirely seperate nations?

9. GuerrillaLorax

Its an example to two different nations. I don't really want to go through the time or effort of listing off hundreds of non-Indigenous nations for no reason. I'm sure you have enough common sense to grasp the concept.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

so you are saying there are hundreds of nations inside China?
    are you misspelling or perhaps not using the right word or something?

11. GuerrillaLorax

I was wrong about the common sense theory. My apologies. But to answer your question, no, this thread is about "canada". But technically, yes. There is a very good chance that there were/are hundreds of Indigenous nations within China before civilized colonization.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You're wrong about the common sense theory, yes. One day you will learn that due to social democratic there is no "common sense".

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Errr yeah not really. I dont see anywhere in this thread that gives away what you are.

So I'm going to assume white hipster tryhard

14. GuerrillaLorax

You mean like those who thought up the idea of capitalism? Or those who thought of stealing Afrikan's to bring to the Amerika's in order to build a colonial society? Yeah history is full of crazy ideas that people never thought would take hold. How about the Nazi's democratic rise to power? If anything, theorizing the end of empire is sane and logical, as all empires collapse. Especially in a world of dwindling resources and climate chaos.

It's generally better to build towards a better world than letting those working towards destroying this one go unopposed.

15. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Nah that was Running Horse.

Irminsul likes this.
  16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I bet you are like the whitest guy here at Hip forums, fluoro white icelandish or irish skin, blue eyes, red hair, ginger of course.

The kind of dude everyone thinks as soon as they look at you, thats the kind of thing Hitler was aiming for with his Aryan race. Glow in the dark whitey

17. GuerrillaLorax

So you are just a shit poster. Incapable of actual conversation and debate. Good to know, so I don't waste any more time on you. And nope, unsurprisingly your baseless assumptions are wrong.

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

That is my argument though.

Anonymously on an internet message board, how are we to know you arent some pasty white guy thats just a hate the government/establishment/capiltalists for everything type.

My spidey sense is telling me you are.

But even if I was sure somehow you were from some countrys' native population....as I said before I would just derfault to whatever your opinion was. And to be totally honest, it wouldnt be out of respect, it would be pity really.

On the flip side, if I knew for sure you are the tryhard whitey white guilt type, then you would be looked on with greater suspicion than I would.

So the argument totally shifts dependant on your race.

As for Australian Aboriginies, it wasnt one nation before Europeans got there, waring tribes. That little poster of yours mentioned queensland for a reason, thats the only place it happened in large numbers and your poster fails to mention for the most part it was other aborigines doing the killing for basically a weekly pay packet. They didnt seem them as their people because they were of a totally different tribe, language even different shade of brown.

And then there is Tasmania, barely any influence by Europeans bar the introduction of disease, a slight imbalance of power from that, and the differing tribes on that island just tear themselves apart.

You want a control group to see what actually happens with indigenous populations with minimal interference from the outside, read up on what happened in Tasmania.

Any theory where one colour of human is supposedly more brutal than another is complete horeshit.

Stop this garbage about indigenous populations just sitting around collecting berries singing campfire songs

Just like everywhere else they would war with other tribes, rape and murder, cut off the enemies body parts and wear them, eat them in some cases

19. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

You ain't got no goddamn spidey senses.

But yeah, you probably right on every other point.

20. GuerrillaLorax

Says the seemingly white male defending colonization...

Nobody's saying it's about race, per se. As was already mentioned in this thread, the Indigenous tribes that inhabited Asia were brutally colonized by the Chinese and other empires. As one example.

Nobody here is spreading misinformation about Indigenous cultures and the racist "noble savage" myth. The text that this thread is based off even mentions this:

"Indigenous communities used to meet each spring to negotiate territories, form new agreements, and redistribute resources. Not all, of course, sometimes they just burned down their neighbors houses when they wanted them to move out. I am not here tonight to romanticize some pre-contact utopia free from oppression and conflict."

Indigenous nations are diverse. All around the world. I'm sure there were/are hundreds of seperate tribes in "australia" just as there are in "canada". On the canadian west coast there are nations that were brutal and loved war. They were often tyrannical and sometimes even kept POW's as slaves. And you go a thousand kilometers east and you'd find tribes that most closely resembled anarchist societies, in Western contexts. With no power-wielding hierarchy and extreme accountability.

Yes Indigenous individuals doing the work of the colonizers is a huge issue. It's prevalent in "north america" as well. It was the tribal police who assassinated Sitting Bull. And during the "Indian wars" it was the work of Indigenous trackers working for the colonizers to eventually get an upper hand on the guerilla fighters.

I'll respond to the rest of your points on australian colonization when I study more on it.

It's strange you keep mentioning things that don't seem to be real. I did read up on Tasmania, like you suggested. What I found was the same ol' story of colonization:

"...within seventy years all the native people of Tasmania were wiped out. It was called the “The Black War of Van Diemen’s Land”, the official campaign of extermination begun in 1803, which decimated the native people of Tasmania in the usual brutal civilised way.

By 1830 the few remaining Tasmanian natives were rounded up and imprisoned on Flinders Island where by 1843 only fifty survived." - Tasmanian Genocide