Recited to me in a dream

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by *electrica*, Jan 15, 2005.

1. *electrica*

*electrica* Member

It was Jason Bateman, I believe. He wrote this poem about my heart. There was a lot more but I couldn't remember it. These are just a couple fragments. It's corny, I know, but it's exactly right. I love the truths you discover in dreams.

the door is left half-open
    by each new vampire
    to leave his mark

i don't think you like
    having doors closed

if only it hadn't said vampire. yeesh

2. Spyder

Spyder La dah de dah

nice!

i dont know about discovering truths in your dreams, but certainly poetry that you wake up thinking about certainly says something about you as a person.

the vampire imagry is good, not nessecerally pointing at fangs and teeth ones, but its a good term for something or someone that drains, and its used very excellently in the context of what the poem is trying to convey.

i think its of a good length also, with the two stanzas, the second i think rounds it up nicely, its very good, short and direct, doesnt push it, it conveys what it needs to convey without going over the top!

well done! it certainly had an impact upon me!

3. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

Did you know that the music to the song 'yesterday' was from a dream that Paul McCartney had? He woke up and quickly scribbled it down with the words 'scrambled eggs' instead of yesterday, then wrote the words later. Dreams are really interesting.

"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now? Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." -John Lennon