Recent publishing

Discussion in 'Writers Forum' started by Forever Edger, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Forever Edger

Forever Edger Senior Member

I have published three books.

The most recent is a book on Tarot for beginners which I am using as a textbook for a class I am giving.

All are self published, and I do not do marketing.

All three books were extensively edited, and the Tarot book took 3 months of intense editing until no mistake was found.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
    PGA likes this.
  2. Forever Edger

Forever Edger Senior Member

The three books I published myself through a publishing company are three books which had to be published. Unless one is a celebrity, you have to do the grunt work yourself. That is write, edit every chapter, develop end notes, edit (which takes a long time) then submit after paying to publish.

All three books I think are very good; the first is a novel, the second, a historical analysis, and the third, a book on Tarot for beginners after Covid shut all psychic shows and venues. I was giving a Tarot class and I converted that syllabus into a book. I am extremely pleased with the Tarot book which I use now as a textbook for a Tarot class I am giving.

I do not do marketing. My stand on this is if the books stand on their own and break through on their own so be it. If not then they should never have been published and will die a natural death over time.

My goal regarding writing is that I do not seek fame and fortune. I write because I had something to communicate. I am at a very high level regarding Tarot and I am studying a system which is complex and different. So far I have had positive results. I may write one day regarding this.

Writing is not easy. The one suggestion I have is edit what you wrote that day, edit each chapter before continuing and do a meticulous editing when done.

PGA likes this.