Recent Movies

Discussion in 'New Movies' started by Upnorthguy, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Upnorthguy

Upnorthguy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My son and I have seen a few movies recently at the theater.

BATMAN
    Pretty good movie. A little long but you don't really notice it. Not much of any comedy. Mostly on the darker, serious side. Real good movie if you're a Batman fan.

THE LOST CITY
    Pretty good movie IMO. Bullock is Bullock. Kinda funny, kinda serious, kinda quirky. Tatum is very funny I thought. Pitt is funny as well. Good movie for guys and gals.

MORBIUS
    Average in every aspect. Somewhat predictable. Not terribly comedic. Again, just average IMO.

~Zen~ likes this.
  2. Upnorthguy

Good chance I'll go and see Fantastic Beasts this weekend. Anybody else like the movie series and planning to go?

~Zen~ likes this.
  3. Upnorthguy

My son and I saw the new Fantastic Beasts movie recently. Pretty good movie. Tired into the HP movies. Not great great, but good. I am biased though as I emotionally all these movies.

Next up will be the new Dr. Strange movie.

And also, though I don't like Tom Cruise the person, I LOVE fighter jet movies. So I'll be watching Maverick as well in the upcoming weeks.

~Zen~ likes this.
  4. Roy Halister

Roy Halister Members

Last night I went to the movie theater with my girlfriend, we really enjoyed it.
    We went to see Spider-Man.
    The movie is great and the acoustics in the theater are great, you can hear every sound that happens in the movie.
    All in all, I advise everyone to go to the movies, especially since technology is very advanced in terms of sound and watching movies in the theater has become much more enjoyable.
    One of the pluses is that you can so that people do not disturb and feel more comfortable, you can relax).
    You can rent a cinema

~Zen~ likes this.
  5. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Everything Everywhere All At Once!!!

Everything_Everywhere_All_at_Once.jpg

I though it would be just another martial arts film with Michelle Yeoh as a Chinese-American woman being audited by the Internal Revenue Service who discovers that she must connect with parallel universe versions of herself to prevent a powerful being from causing the destruction of the multiverse.

Sound confusing?

I thought so at first, but watch it through and you will understand.

The 'director' is Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert (collectively known as "Daniels").

The second STAR of the show is Jamie Lee Curtis as the frustrated IRS agent auditing the complex mess of Michelle Yeoh's finances.

It gets complex, and WoW it does get interesting!

I HIGHLY recommend this film :)

Jamie Lee deserves an Oscar for her performance, as does Michelle!

6. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

The last movie I saw was The Black Phone, I enjoyed it a lot. Ethan Hawke was great in it!! :D

[​IMG]

~Zen~ likes this.