Receded Gumline

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by ThePoetSappho, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I have some pretty significant gum recession. Currently under care of dentist and it's under control. I'm not a candidate for gum graft. Currently using sensodyne and Lumineux mouthwash. Any other tips for related sensitivity?

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

......dont eat anything maybe

3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

We Don't Know What You Do For A Living VG.....But Rest Assured...... You Certainly Ain't No Doctor..... :D

Cheers Glen.

Lynnbrown likes this.
  4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Maybe you have some tips about receding hairline that can translate to receding gumlines ;)

*ducks

GLENGLEN likes this.
  5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

^^^...And Duck You Well Should.....(gives VG a well deserved "bitch slap")...... :D

Cheers Glen.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Perhaps tips on his ever growing waistline, could somehow correlate with the expansion of the gumline?

[​IMG]

morrow and GLENGLEN like this.
  7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

^^^^.... Asshole..... :D

Cheers Glen.

hotwater likes this.
  8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i thought he had one of those cushy government jobs where the taxpayers pay him lots of money to post on hipforums all day?

Lynnbrown and YouFreeMe like this.
  9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Not one reply is on topic... Amazing.

10. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

^^^....Hey......It's Only 10 Posts In......Don't Be So Impatient..... :D

Cheers Glen.

11. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

What is causing your receding gumline, Sappho?

Also, nice to see you back!

12. gentlesenior

gentlesenior Members

I went to the dentist this week and he said 1 one my teeth has a receding gum line (I'm old). Gave me a very soft tooth brush, told me not to brush hard. Hygienist said to brush using only 2 fingers holding the toothbrush. Don't use most of the toothpastes on the market, too abrasive. They said use Sensodyne but I use Toms of Maine. I get very good dental reports and have used TOM for many years.
    Healthy diet is also important from what I read after my dental visit. Onions are suppose promote healthy gums.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont think i have receeding gums but i do have very sensitive gums and i've found buying toothpaste without Sodium laurel sulfate helps a lot

Tom's has SLS in it...fake ass "natural" toothpaste

Dr. Bronners is good

I'm not one of those who thinks flouride is bad for you though so I still use a mouthwash with flouride, since most sls free toothpastes are also flouride free

14. gentlesenior

gentlesenior Members

Oh my meliai, you crushed my love for TOM. I research them after your scathing remarks and see what you mean. I have used TOM for over 20 years and have excellent dental visits, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Apparently some folks might have trouble with SLS, and skin sensitivity (I dont seem to have this problem). TOMS is plant based but other toothpastes might be petroleum based. After reviewing SLS, I went looking into toothpaste. Some folks don't use it at all! Check out the link below, has me interested. I just asked my dental hygienist the other day what is more important: brushing or flossing, without hesitation she said flossing. Here is an interesting take on brushing, makes sense to me. What does toothpaste actually do?? Might follow the Michigan Dentist take on brushing w/out toothpaste.

Experts question benefits of fluoride-free toothpaste

PS I still like TOM

15. gentlesenior

gentlesenior Members

My final thoughts: I just found this, Crest and Colgate better look out. Apparently the dentist from Michigan (earlier post) is on to something.

In a six-month trial published in the Journal of the American Dental Association, patients who first brushed their teeth with a toothbrush that didn’t contain toothpaste (and then with toothpaste afterwards) saw a 63% reduction in plaque build-up, and a 55% drop in bleeding.

16. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

You'll have to give up chewing tobacco...
    Tips for sensitivity I guess using softer toothbrush.

Long time ago the dentist I had...... Mr. Smokey fingers .......was ragging on me about chewing tobacco and my gums.

17. Driftwood Gypsy

Luckily I don't use chewing tobacco, never have.

snowtiggernd likes this.
  18. Driftwood Gypsy

Thanks!
    As a kid my mom had terrible teeth. When I went into the foster system I had to get tons of fillings. I resolved to never have teeth like my mom. Being an uninformed teen... I brushed so enthusiastically I brushed most of my gums off!
    "Hard" toothbrushes should be illegal!
    I'm not eligible for a gum graft, neither do I want one. (they scrape the meat from the roof of your mouth and stich it into your gums, and half the time it doesn't even take)
    I'm currently under the care of a dentist and I just keep clean, get regular cleanings, and use special mouthwash and sensodyne.

19. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

I didn't think you did I was just being funny.

20. Driftwood Gypsy

Ah, sorry! over my head!