Reasons I am not celebrating July 4th

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Gone and forgotten, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The reckoning :eek:

Running Horse likes this.
  2. deleted

deleted Visitor

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

hey neon, what's your opinion?

4. Finally. I can use this message board with a clear conscience. Someone asked for my opinion before I give it, which is what is always supposed to happen on message boards.

I think it's ALL STUPID.

Driftrue, hotwater and Rahab like this.
  5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Samuel Goldwyn once said “When I want your opinion, I’ll give it to you”

Elvira once said.......................

[​IMG]

la Principessa likes this.
  6. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I was forced to celebrate with my gf's family. But mostly we just showed up and ate and I got scolded for not being patriotic enough because I didn't wear red, white, or blue. I can't really think of anything going on in our country right now that deserves celebration. And if I think about it, I'm not sure we ever deserved celebration.

We stole our land, we enslaved people, we vowed separation of church and state (look how well that turned out), we refused and still do refuse human beings rights based on sex or orientation or race. We don't provide guaranteed parental leave, or living wages. We worship celebrities and the rich. And yet people say we are the best country in the world and are the most free. Are you fucking kidding me?

StellarCoon, Asmodean and Rahab like this.
  7. deleted

deleted Visitor

8. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

I reckon you reckon not what I reckon so you best take your reckon elsewhere I reckon so

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Wow, why so militant?

Good to see you anyhoo

10. Asmodean

Everybody knows the Netherlands is the best country as well as the most free.

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I read an article last night that the Netherlands has started putting beehives on top of bus stops!

Now make me your immigrant bride, asmo

12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

13. Asmodean

It's also one of the countries with the most intensive farming, which is an important cause of the decline of a lot of insects ;) In fact, its one of the countries where this decline is most apparent. So they start doing these things out of neccesity :(

Just wanna be honest before I import you :-D

WritersPanic likes this.
  14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I thank you for your transparency. Honesty is a good trait to have in a man, especially when you're a mail order bride !

WritersPanic likes this.
  15. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The problem with July 4th is many Americans think we invented democracy. No, the people who founded the country had role models. This year's was nationalistic and not drinking with friends.

I don't stand for the National Anthem or any of that patriotic crap meant to limit discussions of the country's flaws. I don't like it and I'm not leaving. You are just going to have to deal with that. This makes me the most American since I can like the country and critique it. If we all had the love it or leave it attitude not one of those proud British people would have disrespected their king (who god gave them) by forming their own country.

America is not #1 in any way but military spending. It's not really a time to blindly celebrate it's a time to get to work on areas like education and human rights. Not to have some tanks and praise dear orange leader.

neonspectraltoast likes this.
  16. deleted

deleted Visitor

notice the bitterness from some our posters. Its like they hurt so badly inside for no apparent reason..

WritersPanic likes this.
  17. lode

lode Banned

1: Women's Soccer
    2: Superhero movies
    3: Making lists

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  18. Maybe they, and get this, actually care about someone or something other than themselves, and it's troubling them. I know, right.

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

And thats the problem.. Not focusing on ones person and others world problems. Its like not eating because the girlfriend walked out. Cant control other persons .. Can only control yourself and the directions u go in life to serve humanity.

this is not serving humanity... orange man bad
    [​IMG]

20. It's more like not eating because your girlfriend's been kidnapped and held for ransom.