Reasons for going barefoot

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Matt1979, Jun 16, 2020.

1. fruitfreak

fruitfreak Member

It just feels natural to me to feel what I am walking on. I makes each step in life interesting. Feet are amazing in that they are both powerful and beautiful at the same time.

2. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Reminds me of the line here that compares it to wine tasting.

"But surprisingly, barefoot hikers aren't necessarily thrill-seekers. They're better described as sensation-seekers, with some comparing it to the foot's equivalent of wine tasting" How to Start Barefoot Hiking: 8 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

Its a good link to spread to get people started.

Looks like someone changed it up and IMO improved it since I last saw but that line about wine tasting is still included.

Whats not talked about much is after one learns to go barefoot they often hate wearing shoes where before they were indifferent.

That's what happened with me, as a challenge I just wanted to learn the ability to go barefoot or "make me feet tough" *we know that's not exactly how it works* but thats what I thought getting started.

I had no idea that once I got good at and comfortable going barefoot I would hate it when I have to wear shoes.

I had no idea about that part that I am guessing might have happened to alot of us.

Nudegardner and Sparky11 like this.
  3. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

I just prefer the way it feels and the more you do it the better it is. It wasn’t until moving to a new area I started going outside without shoes for chores etc and it’s highly addictive. I still have to go to work in shoes but now hardly ever wear them away from there

Antony14, Matt1979, mmicmann and 2 others like this.
  4. BarefootedBoy

BarefootedBoy Members

Same here. Highly addictive, and cannot imagine not wanting to be barefoot now. Greatest pleasure I know!

Scirocco09 likes this.
  5. teast394

teast394 Members

Sweaty feet run in our family even barefoot my kids get sweaty this time of year, but barefoot at least reduces the sweat and the smell. They basically slip on sandals, flip flops.

Matt1979 and BarefootedBoy like this.
  6. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

Reasons:

- More comfortable
    - Healthier
    - Better connection with the ground
    - More sense of your surroundings

7. BarefootedBoy

BarefootedBoy Members

All true.
    And, as I often had to tell my parents, Because I WANT to!!!

Matt1979 likes this.
  8. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

Much more versatile too! Don't need runner shoes for this occasion, don't need converses for this one, there is just one "shoe" that fits all! My shoe collection right now consists of just winter boots, heavy duty boots, and some emergency sandals.

9. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

Yes, boots, boots and emergency sandals. I have a somewhat large shoe collection (about a dozen, large to me) which I never wear since I've retired. Good shoes, though, because I buy good shoes. But sitting on the shelf! I've got 25 year old shoes that still look brand new. I guess cherry pick my favorites (for whatever, the occasional occasion, I guess) and give the rest to the local thrift store. I'm an actor, though...and usually get cast as father figures or authority figures. Usually those characters wear shoes! LOL. My cast mates chuckle when I walk into the theater barefoot and wearing a Hawaiian shirt. In my long theatrical career I've played ONE character who went barefoot on stage. That might be around 100 roles.

Matt1979 likes this.