Really want to buy dresses

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by MancLez23, Aug 4, 2013.

1. MancLez23

MancLez23 Member

Completely random but I keep having a reoccuring dream about buying and wearing dresses and now I have got the urge to buy a dress but I'm a tomboy and haven't worn a dress in over 6 years and I'm kinda freaked out by it, anyone help me understand why I feel like this?

2. Victoria1987

Victoria1987 Member

Maybe you just have a sudden urge to embrace your more feminine side. It's perfectly natural. My advice to you would be to just get a dress. It might feel refreshing or even liberating. Who knows? You might end up liking it and buying some more dresses, and there's nothing wrong with that.

3. Melanie_86

Melanie_86 Member

I'm a tomboy, I hang with my dad and brother, I can weld, use a metal lathe; but I love my clothes. That is what makes us women, sets us apart as we should be, being gay or bi doesn't mean we have to give up who we are. So just do it :) what girl in their right mind wouldn't want to wear something like this?

[​IMG]

My fashion is heavily influenced by the 50's and 60's :love:

4. DaevaDyke

DaevaDyke Guest

What makes me a woman is that I am a full grown female. Buying flowery dresses has nothing too do with being a girl or any of that nonsense.

I do wear the high heels and very sexy dresses. Infact i do so all the time. i'm always wearing outfits that show off my tits and ass for work as it pays my bills to use what i got for my advantage & doll it up, but honestly i go home take off the sexist superficial layers of makeup, body glitter, and all the pink pretty lacey outfits & strip down to the real me. That is a butch chick that loves my boxers & tshirts and doesn't give a rat ass about pretending to be this pretty picture of femininity I'm just not.

Sure i can go on stage & make it rain glamming it up, but really that is all just female drag in my eyes. That in noway defines who I am as a woman or makes anyone a real girl.

Guys can like dresses and wear them if they want just as some women rather not.

5. Melanie_86

Melanie_86 Member

true, I like wearing my brothers old camo suits... resized to fit me of course Lol :D

6. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I'm usually not a dress kind of girl...well, didn't used to be and I don't wear them all the time but yea, a few years ago I got the same urge to buy a dress...and then dresses and I get really cute, comfortable ones. Simple and pretty like. I don't know... I'm not even always in the mood to wear them but sometimes I get in that mood and I actually think it helps put me in a happy mood for some reason. :)

7. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

I wear lots of dresses. In the summer it's pretty much all either a sarong or short flowy dresses.

8. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yeah I love dresses in the summer. The black one that I have in one of the pictures on my profile I got at Kohl's two years ago or something and it's soo comfy and cool to wear when it's hot. I could live in that thing... it's cute but it's so comfy it kinda doubles as pj's. haha.
    Hmmm seriously now I am thinking I want to get a new dress soon. Maybe check Target tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow. lol. or a thift shop. or both.

9. Melanie_86

Melanie_86 Member

I do most of my shopping at co-op stores, charity stores and the markets. I can get some really beautiful dresses at those places for a mere fraction of their retail value. I picked up a sweet Dolce and Gabana floral print at the Salvation Army store last summer for $35. The same dress I saw six months earlier for $250 :D

10. BeachBall

BeachBall Nosey old moo

I couldn't have put it better myself, so I won't try.

Wot she said :mickey:

11. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

so did you ever find the perfect dress?

maybe you're freaked out because you're not used to showing that much skin

I wear a lot of dresses, that's what I feel most comfortable wearing

12. MancLez23

MancLez23 Member

Haven't really found the right dress yet. I think maybe you're right cos I don't like showing anything cos I feel like I'm fat and I've got stretch marks on my thighs and I'm whiter than a milk bottle

13. wobs

wobs Senior Member

manc you are a beautiful person never forget that, and i mean it

14. BeachBall

BeachBall Nosey old moo

Hey ML23 - a lot of people suffer from this "I feel I'm fat" delusion. It's not at all helpful.

Have a look around you. There's plenty of women out there who are carrying more weight than you, happily wearing skirts and dresses, and nobody minds or says a thing. And why's that? It's because IT TRULY DOESN'T MATTER. This "oh I mustn't wear a dress because I'm fat" is all in your head. And it's all in your head twice over. First, because I'm sure you're not fat. And secondly, because even if it were true that you are fat, that is not actually a reason for not wearing a skirt or a dress if that is what you want to do.

White skin? Once upon a time, it was fashionable, you know. In the 16th centuries ladies used to whiten their faces with white lead!! However, if this bothers you there are answers. There are sunbeds and fake tans, as well as real-to-God sunbathing (if you can find any sun in these damp little islands of ours). But, honestly, I would say again - this is all in your head! Having white skin really doesn't matter; and the world simply isn't full of judgmental people going round and looking at people saying "OMG!!! She's got white skin!! Isn't that terrible!!!"

But - even if it were - and here's the thing - that would be THEIR problem, NOT yours. So try not to let it (whether it be true or imagined) affect you or stop you from doing what you want to do :)