really sick...

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Earthy Mama, May 24, 2004.

1. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

Yuck, I am feeling really sick right now and I can't sleep. I usually don't eat alot of cheese but tonight I went out with a friend and tried something she recommended...I don't remeber what it was called but it had motzerella cheese and ricotta cheese. All it was was a bready callzone thing STUFFED full of cheese. I ate it and now I'm soooooooooo sick... Did anyone discover after time that they get sick when they eat cheese after they've become vegetarian or vegan? I haven't cut cheese intirely out of my food options but I never eat alot at a time. I didn't eat too much of it I don't think. I think I just can't tolerate cheese anymore. :( Yuck... I'm making myself more sick thinking about it.

2. indigorainhemp

indigorainhemp Member

I am the same way! If I don't eat it for a while & then have a little bit ,,,my tummy turns! I think it is natural tho,,,,your body is saying that it cannot handle it anymore. If it happens again I recommend some ginger root ,,just a slice under your tounge will take the nausea away.

3. fi_J

fi_J Member

i used to consume large quantities of dairy for most of my life (especially skim milk) but since i've started working towards vegan, now when i do eat something with dairy my body is more sensitive to it.

you do become more aware of what your body is telling you when you shift your eating habits.

(ginger tea is also nice for soothing the stomach... pour boiling water over thin slice of ginger. let steep for a minute or so, sweeten to taste. take a deep breath and sip at leisure.)

4. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

First I've got to say that I'm not currently a vegetarian. I usually only eat turkey and chicken, no beef or pork.. But I have a similar reaction. For me it is when I eat pork. Usually I only eat pork twice a year at my MIL's for Christmas and Easter. After Easter I was sick for a week and a half. Terrible cramps and pain in my lower intestines. It was awful. I didn't think the pain would ever stop. Finally it began to lessen and eventually went away. About 3 weeks ago DH decided to barbque some sausages. Same thing happened. It took over a week for the pain to subside. I fully believe it is my body telling me to stop pouring poisens like pork into it. I remember how much better I felt when I was vegetarian. But I know my husband will never give up meat or fast food. So I'm not sure what to do. Other than us having three seperate meals at our house, (one for me, one for dh, and one for ds who is allergic to everything under the sun.) That seems like way too much work and way to expensive to me. I just know that I'm not willing to go through that pain again any time soon. But Christmas will be coming and I don't know how to tell my MIL I won't eat her meal.

Kathi

5. GentleHeartLamb

GentleHeartLamb Member

Why not tell her that from the time you stoped eating meat and now that you have gone back sorta to eat meat or whatever like that that eating it makes you sick and you don't like feeling sick and it not because the food that made it not good but my body can't handle it is all and hope she understands