Re-using dating profiles?

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by Bilby, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I used to have a profile on Plenty Of Fakes, www.pof.com until I came realise its working method. It has occurred to me they could well be re-using my profile in another English speaking country.

2. NubbinsUp

NubbinsUp Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Photos get harvested and used elsewhere with some frequency to create fake profiles, but I haven't heard of entire user profiles being copied from one site and pasted into others.

Also, fake profiles of women on dating sites are much more common than fake profiles of men.

Be careful and judicious about posting photos of your face, and you should be fine.

DanHarvey likes this.
  3. DanHarvey

DanHarvey Members

Yea im very hesitant about posting my face pics

4. wifekaty

wifekaty Members

We had a profile on another website (Swing Lifestyle) from which many photos were stolen along with portions of
    the profile itself. Found out solely by good luck from a friend on another site. Until then we had been what I thought
    was hyper-cautious regarding photos and traceable information. Faces always were blocked out or cropped unless
    a single photo was shared with someone via private email. Realized then that we may not have been cautious enough.
    Anyway, with pandemic and attendant issues playtime has all but ceased until further notice and SLS account would
    have been closed anyway. Hard to imagine anyone who is willing to video chat with strangers on lifestyle sites, but
    apparently tens of thousands do every day.