RE: This Dread Method

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Cloudminerva, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Cloudminerva

Cloudminerva Member

2. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

Well they obviously weren't neglected, they were most likely back-combed. :) (hehe you ask a lotta dread questions ;) ) They look rather mature, meaning they have been dreaded for a while now... probably with wax and all that jazz they do... there's probably no way you can get instant mature lookin' dreads my friend... :) sorry. But if you do get them back-combed/waxed/etc. and wait a year or two they'll look quite nice I'm sure.

3. Cloudminerva

Cloudminerva Member

Thanks. Yeah, I know it takes a while. The wait isn't a worry. I just really want them to turn out well.

Peace,
    Ben.

4. Bohemian_Child

Bohemian_Child Member

though im not a huge supporter of this method, and im sure its not great for your hair:

one of my friends had her hair dreaded at a salon a few years ago at an 'ethnic salon' (it was in a 'black area') that did dreading. They backcombed and used several different chemicals-which is why im sure its not too great for your hair. BUT- they looked really good right away. Id look into it more, make sure that the chemicals wont do damage. Its also up to you and your reasons for doing dreads. If you simply like the look and want them to look mature fast- go for this method. I'll say this much- they looked awesome.

5. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

Well they will prolly do well on their own anyway. :) Of course you'll get little things like loops and such, but that's what makes yours unique, lil things like that. :D