RC Web Site Idea

Discussion in 'Synthetic Drugs' started by Meretrix, Feb 8, 2009.

1. binary shadow

binary shadow Visitor

Also expect to pay more for an offshore (panama in this case, they are the best) anonymous server that takes Ecurrency. They know people are going to be hosting questionable shit with them, and they are going to charge accordingly.

Also expect sub-par service. If most anonymous offshore hosts were not offshore or anonymous, no one would ever use them because their prices are high and their service is relatively shitty. You are paying for anonymity, and to be in a good legal jurisdiction where you will get away with hosting shit you wont in most places (like a vendor database), not for a good value package or amazing support, unfortunately.

If you drop the vendor database part you could host in USA though probably, Erowid does.

2. Meretrix

Meretrix Member

I think I have found a host that fits all those criteria, and I would prefer not to drop the vendor database since that is the main reason behind it since UD isn't going to be very trustworthy anymore.

3. bmw5233

bmw5233 Member

I don't know much about building websites and such, but I do think this is a great idea.

There's no telling how many people are shilling on UD now - there is one particular vendor I want to try, but am not convinced he's legit.

A new database with credibility really is needed.

4. xblayde

xblayde Member

Agreed. Let the new era begin. :)

5. Prea

Prea Member

Well you can't join undrugged anymore, and there were only like 400 or so people who joined while registration was open. I wouldn't be too worried about bullshit posters. Just be smart when reading through vendor reviews.

6. Meretrix

Meretrix Member

400 people have ruined all credibility UD has, as most people will think a vendor is legit if a few people say it is. I'd just stay with trusted vendors as of now.

7. Prea

Prea Member

Well obviously if there's only a few people with low karma making comments, you probably shouldn't buy from that vendor.

But people who have numerous comments from many past members can still be seen as legit. That's why I said be smart when reading through reviews.

8. Meretrix

Meretrix Member

How long do you think it would be before their Karma isn't low? It isn't hard to get karma on UD (Although I'm not saying there is something wrong with their system, I just disagree with the open registration). As of now you could weed out the scammers and other people that shouldn't be on UD, but I can see some pretty major problems coming out of this in the long run.

9. binary shadow

binary shadow Visitor

Well UD started as open registration so I don't think a secondary window of open registartions will cause too much harm. Half the game is learning who to trust.