Razor burn?!?!?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by Faerie, Jun 25, 2006.

1. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

ready made strips are balls...they barely do anything including removing any hair. and all waxing does the exact same to me, personally, as razors..

Lately i've found that if i only very gently drag a razor across a couple of times, and in short strokes and then just let it be it doesn't hurt as much. I've also started using aloe vera gel on my pitters just to see.......i mean it works on burns....and it works at moisturizing my face without making me break out, so i though maybe it would work at curing my other pains.

2. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

i use dr bronners when shaving. it makes the razor glide across my skin, much less razor burn since i started using it :)

3. SweetSasha

SweetSasha Member

I use hair conditioner for shaving my girly parts, legs, and pits. I used to get bad razor burn but since I started using hair conditioner instead of shaving cream I haven't had a problem in years.

4. charmcityhippie

charmcityhippie Member

5. Sugaree13

Sugaree13 Member

the number of blades needed also depends on the thickness of your hair. if i use a single blade razor i need to go over and over the same area and it ends up really red and bumpy.

hair conditioner definitely works. im gonna try some of the after-care solutions though.

my problem is more that i feel like theres always stubble (moreso than bumps)

guess this is exactly why i usually dont bother

6. Denise1978

Denise1978 Guest

I find blades to be too expensive to replace all the time, but new sharp blades are the ones that help prevent razor burn for me. I found a product that helps keep my blades sharp called the ecoRazo.

its available here to reduce razor burn. It's pretty cool and so far has worked for me.

7. stazzy04

stazzy04 Member

I have the same problem. :(

I've used the premade waxing strips before... but my problem with that is that they took forever since you can only do small sections and for me, its such a big area. I am actually thinking of making my own sugaring paste and trying that. From what I hear, its less irritating...