Raw Milk farmer being chased,harrased like criminals...

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by David0301, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David0301

David0301 Members

"girl scout cookies " :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: sorry I dont have any of those

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

This isn't true, i've seen raw milk for sale here in my state at farmers markets. The law varies from state to state.

Here's a handy dandy guide to raw milk's legal status by state

Raw Milk State Laws and Regulations - Real Raw Milk Facts

3. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Perhaps you don't mean to come off this way, but your posts seem patronizing and self absorbed. Just because you have already drawn a conclusion, does not mean other people have to agree with your conclusion, or your means of arriving at that conclusion.

Your second point is silly. I am not going to argue my own experiences.

Asmodean likes this.
  4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

He does it on purpose. Its pretty obvious after awhile.

5. David0301

David0301 Members

perhaps they changed the policy in the us?
    last time I checked it was badly ilegal , people lost their licenses who sold raw milk in the us. maybe that has changed. I mean in the end the consumer always wins. all power is with the consumer. so, thats happy news to me now :))

6. David0301

David0301 Members

ok I have just read the whole website you were attaching.
    these people....very very tricky. you need take a closer it says explicitly that "sale of raw milk in stores ilegal "
    here is copy&paste from the very same website:

"In 1987, the FDA mandated pasteurization of all milk and milk products for human consumption, effectively banning the shipment of raw milk in interstate commerce with the exception of cheese made from raw milk, provided the cheese has been aged a minimum of 60 days and is clearly labeled as unpasteurized.

The Code of Federal Regulations (21 CFR Sec. 1240.61) mandates pasteurization for all milk and milk products in final package form intended for direct human consumption."

so, I was right. you were wrong = sale of raw milk is ilegal in the US
    also I just remember that I talked to one medical practitioner about 1 week ago, she is in los Angeles and she told me that "nothing has changed. sale of raw milk is still illegal."

so please learn to read before you post. especially if the source website you refer to is contradicting yourself. lol.

7. Asmodean

The bolded parts do not prove her wrong lol. In fact, the text indeed seem to leave a loophole if one reads right.
    Its illegal to ship, to sell in stores, and in any final package form. All makes sense.
    If you get it from a farmer it is not in any final package form intended for direct human consumption. If the loophole is conscious (which may indeed be arguable), the people who would buy it with that intent (taking it home and drinking it raw) are probably expected to cook it first. Like it is legally condoned here.

Btw: my fellow convo partners. As this is an interesting topic with an unworthy, disrespectful topic starter please just focus on the content! And not on his begging for negative attention. The best thing to do with such posters is to exactly not give them what they're so desperately asking for.

ZenKarma and Meliai like this.
  8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

9. Asmodean

At least I'm not playing a rhetoric game where I'm faking serious health concerns by claiming dangerously wrong 'facts' like David0301 (happily he's not really good at it and loves negative attention too much :grinning:). Glad nobody falls for his crap.

ZenKarma likes this.
  10. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

LOL!

ZenKarma and David0301 like this.
  11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The transport and sale of interstate commerce is banned

Here is the law in my state

Allowed
    Yes. Allows sale of raw milk both on and off the farm and at a farmers’ market if a permit is obtained. Farmers must provide retail stores with a warning plaque to be displayed in front of the raw milk.
    Requirements:
    Unlawful for anyone without a permit to manufacture, sell, or give away raw milk. Must be clearly labeled as raw with statement indicating milk has not been pasteurized. Farms must be inspected prior to production and every 3 months after production begins. Bacterial count < 10K/mL, coliform < 10/g, zero presence of pathogenic organisms

Asmodean likes this.
  12. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

TBH I never paid any attention to raw milk controversies.

Can someone explain to me why the government deemed it as taboo, and why some people prefer it to processed milk?

13. Asmodean

It's been explained on page 1 of this very thread :)

Mostly because they're lactose-intolerant. Why lactose-intolerant folks can in most cases consume raw milk, but not processed has also been explained in this thread. It has to do with the enzym lactase.
    A minority prefer to drink it raw and as fresh as possible (this means btw it is still warm from the cow's udder) because its tastier. I personally agree: it has more taste. But i don't find it worthwile to get it like that.
    Then there's another minority who wants to drink it raw because of all the bacteria thats still alive in it. Good and bad. Once pasteurized they're all dead.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    6-eyed shaman likes this.
  14. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Again, not true, Stevia plants are available in the garden center in Walmart and elsewhere.

Sorry to go seemingly off-topic, but he did state this on the first page of this thread.

Noting a number of deleted posts for being off-topic it seems a bit of effort towards staying on said topic would help avoid confusion and spreading of disinformation.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  15. David0301

David0301 Members

well zenkarma you should ask me before you do anything:

Firstly, I live in spain and iT IS ilegal here to sell at retail shops, i can verify that for you ok? If there is any other spanish person here i am sure he can confirm.

secondly i was not 100% sure about the US , i admit that ... my bad.
    i just remember whenever we went to the retail store we saw all kinds of plants but never did we see Stevia plants. So , I gave up the search. If anoty other american here can confirm , is it available in regular (not private!) retail stores please ?

maybe @Aerianne can confirm whether stevia plants are availbe in retail-stores officially now? if it is so, then I apologise.

once again thanks zenkarma for your concern,
    but i know my country spain

16. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've never looked for Stevia plants, so I don't know.

I did find this article: Stevia - Wikipedia

17. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Well we have gone completely off topic from milk to stevia, so let's start a new thread about that instead :)

18. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'll do that since we are going to start using Stevia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.