Raw curious

Discussion in '100% Vegan' started by SSB618, May 1, 2012.

1. SSB618

SSB618 Guest

Hey everybody!

Is there anyone here who has had any experience with a raw-vegan diet? If so I'd love to hear your thoughts =)

Did you notice any substantial change in how you felt? Did the amount of food you require daily change at all? How did your tastes change?

Thanks so much!

-Sam

2. Veebie

Veebie Member

Today, for the first time in ages I had a yogurt. (gasp!)

It made me feel really sick. Period.

Otherwise, I don't eat meat, refined grains, starchy vegetables (which have to be cooked) or dairy of any sort.

Just gimme a couple of almonds and a cup of fruits and I'm a happy camper.

But I wouldn't classify myself as strictly raw though. I drink tea, coffee.
    I also stir-fry sometimes; but with veggies that in theory can be eaten raw. In other words, no potatoes or beets for me. But as I said - I don't like to label myself as anything. I just tend to eat, well, very fitting for a raw-vegan diet.

As for amounts, I'm naturally a nibbler and have never been one to eat masses and masses ever at all. Thus, no changes there.

What did change is my appreciation for food. I mean, have you ever tasted a carrot? No, have you ever really tasted it? It's intricate crunch, the flavor, the punch. It's deep stuff, man. You can't taste the power of the earth in a tootsie roll.

3. sothis

sothis Guest

yes, I have. I'm currently all raw for the rest of 2012 with the intent that I will be 90% raw for the rest of my life. I highly recommend it :) . If you have any specific questions feel free to ask or inbox me.Peace

4. mybodyzen

mybodyzen Guest

I eat a primarily raw diet and I honestly think it has been the best change I've ever made for myself. My skin and hair are more hydrated and smoother, my sex life has improved immensely, I feel light and satiated without going into a coma after eating 3000 calories a day... Honestly, you will love it! Detox sucks for sure and can last a while, but once you get clear of all that junk in your body, you will have more energy and zest for life!