Rather Nice Omnis.

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by babovic_sonja, Jun 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

And another thing. I remember a time when Astro kept trying to ban this guy from her personal forum, and he complained about it. I remember standing up for Astro and arguing that she had every right to ban who she wanted. It'd be nice if she could be a bit less hypocritical and offer Skip the same respect that she expected from others.

2. clawsy

clawsy Member

Wow seems you really hate astro and have a thing against her huh. Do you know this is only the Internet and not real life?

3. DoktorAtomik

Not at all. It may surprise you to know that I actually quite like Astro and find her very amusing a lot of the time. That doesn't make her behaviour any more acceptable though.

It might be a start if you actually bothered trying to answer my points rather than attempting to insult me. You're wasting your words anyway, because I'm very thick skinned. However, to answer your point.... of course it's real life. 'Real life' is interacting with people. It's having conversations and sharing opinions and learning from one another. Just because the interaction is via a computer, it doesn't make it any less 'real'.

4. DoktorAtomik

Lol didge, you seem surprisingly interested in me and well informed regarding my alleged behaviour for someone who has me on ignore. Go on, admit it, I know you're watching me. Would you like some pictures or something? Don't be shy to ask ;)

Insult me to your heart's content. Being spiteful towards people is obviously where you get your kicks, so I wouldn't want to deprive you. Your opinion is beneath contempt, so it's not like I'm going to lose any sleep over it. Funny how everything was civilised in here until Astro cropped up again though, huh?

5. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

This always seems to be the normal behavior of a self-righteous twit.

you want Omnis to be respectful of your dietary choices but you dont think you ought to show the same courtesy??

perhaps you wouldnt get crappy treatment or comments from others if you didnt march around like a spoiled 5 year old...talking about how gross meat is.

I have never met any sane vegans or vegatarians that acted like this. the only ones I have met that do this are those wackos you "accidentily" forget to invite to parties and weddings because you are afraid of some ridiculous outburst.

I'm very respectful of vegans. and I have many vegan friends and friends who have to keep kosher so they eat vegetarian when they arent at their own home.I always provide both meat and vegan dishes.

Perhaps the woman who provided the nacho fixings wasnt aware of your diet and rather then acting like a bitch.you could have politely declined eating the food and asked your hostess if there was something else to eat.

OR...you could have been mature and let your dietary requirements be known PRIOR to the meal.

If you want respect as a vegetarian/vegan then you need to start acting mature and responsible for your own behavior.You need to understand that ALOT of people have no clue what a vegan is and wont bother asking everyone they meet their lifestyle choices.

your sooo obsessed with what you eat...that you seem to forget that most people have other things to think about then how to please your pallette.

6. babovic_sonja

babovic_sonja Member

Re: "you want Omnis to be respectful of your dietary choices but you dont think you ought to show the same courtesy??"

OK, so if you respect my dietary choice to eat a Baby-On-A-Stick(tm), then I'll respect your dietary choice not to eat them.

Re: "perhaps you wouldnt get crappy treatment or comments from others if you didnt march around like a spoiled 5 year old...talking about how gross meat is."

During the dinner, I never ONCE mentioned how gross meat was... so quit acting like you were there.

Re: "I'm very respectful of vegans."

Sure you are...

Re: "Perhaps the woman who provided the nacho fixings wasnt aware of your diet and rather then acting like a bitch.you could have politely declined eating the food and asked your hostess if there was something else to eat."

I did NOT act like a bitch to her... I didn't say a single word to her about how gross the dinner was. If you read my post CAREFULLY , it was somebody else who stood up for me.

Re: "OR...you could have been mature and let your dietary requirements be known PRIOR to the meal."

You really got me ticked off here. See, when veg*ns talk about their dietary choices, people have a go at them for being "preachy". So, to avoid endless accounts of omnivores calling me preachy, I just don't talk about being a vegetarian in front of them. However, everybody knows I'm vegetarian, and the hostess certainly did, because once before, when we were preparing a dinner together, I pointed out that I would only make veggie food because I'm vegetarian myself :).

Re: "your sooo obsessed with what you eat...that you seem to forget that most people have other things to think about then how to please your pallette."

As a matter of fact, I'd say most OMNIS, like yourself, are obsessed with what they eat, because they choose to eat meat, regardless of the harm their dietary choice causes to animals, and the environment.

Cynical Otter, this was not meant to be an omni-bashing thread... rather a thread PRAISING some omnis for being really considerate, showing that not all of them are like you :). And it turned out into a veggie-bashing thread. Gee, who's the hostile one here?

I'm not going to waste another minute replying to your lame post, I just suggest you think twice before you speak.

Btw, didge, lol, thanks for the article, it's hilarious... at least I got a little laugh before replying to the lameoid. :p

7. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

here we go...Digga slinging his insults.

he's just pissed off because I'm not who he tries to claim I am.

Paranoia is such an entertaining thing.

Lamoid? wow..are we 12?

I'm lame because I choose not to adhere to your ideals?

I'm lame because you belong to the sect of vegans that wont shut up about their own dietary choices when surrounded by others who dont follow those same choices?

I addressed your "alleged" praising thread.

there was no praising. you bashed omnis and the one omni that kowtowed to you gets praising.

I READ YOUR ARTICLE VERY WELL.

I just saw through the crap. sorry.

8. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

is there a point to this thread anymore? No? well, bye to the name calling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.