Rather Nice Omnis.

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by babovic_sonja, Jun 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megara

Megara Banned

i'm sorry i'm lame for not buying into your analogy that raping a kid is the same as eating a hamburger.

and yes, i eat meat when i feel like it.

2. babovic_sonja

babovic_sonja Member

Would you let somebody eat a delicious, nutritious, and fun Baby-On-A-Stick(tm) then? And not preach about how eating babies was wrong?

3. Megara

Megara Banned

*NEWSFLASH* I never said they COULDNT *NEWSFLASH*

do you have to eat lettuce to live? Nope, so i guess eating lettuce isnt for sustainance either. Do you have to eat tomatoes to live? Nope, etc etc. You can say the same exact thing about every food. You dont need to eat ANY one specific food to live, so none are for sustainance only, they are our choice.

Yes, i esteem a human life as more important than a cow, a dog, a chicken, whatever.

4. Megara

Megara Banned

i'm sorry that i value the life of a child over a baby calf more. I know, i am a horrible human being for doing so.

5. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

most everyone i know was really rude and unsupporitve about it at first. except for my mum, since she used to be veggie. god only knows why people decide to switch back.

but now, everyone's pretty nice. my friend, who usually is a big dick about it, told me awhile ago that he's really close to going veggie, too. just because of how sick it's all starting to seem. dunno if he was serious, though.

and i actually had an intelligent, bash free conversation about it with another friend of mine. and he said, after talking to me, he's really cut down on how much meat he eats in a week. because i pointed out how unhealthy it actually is, especially when you're making a meal out of it 2 to 3 times a day, everyday.

so yeah, there's been some support, and some backlash. but quite a few people have actually told me how cool they think it is that i'm vegan, and really respect me for it. so, there are nice omnis. it's true. :D

6. Megara

Megara Banned

Killing humans is a crime, again, i dont support breaking the law. And yes, i esteem my own race more than others. Again, i am sorry that i value the life of a child over a baby calf.

7. Megara

Megara Banned

The very act of eating is to survive, i.e. for sustenance. No one food in particular is needed for sustenance. I.e., i dont need to eat a hamburger nor do i need to eat lettuce, and i can have a very healthy lifestyle.

8. Megara

Megara Banned

No, because i believe this statement "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

It violates their most fundamental rights, so no, i dont approve of it, it is illegal, even if their country allows it.

Screw moral values, we're talking basic fundamental rights here

9. Megara

Megara Banned

Because i want too, selfish i know, but oh well. If i want to eat a huge salad, i'll eat one. If i want to eat a nice juicey steak, i will.

Which life do you value more? Humans or animals?

10. Megara

Megara Banned

huh? I am an american republican? thanks for informing me, i wasnt even aware of that!

Any civilized nation has basic fundamental rights. Not to mention that the UN has passed a declaration on the rights of human beings, that has been signed by over 150+ countries. Sorry, but the world recognizes the fundamental rights of human beings to live and not be raped. If there are regimes in the world that are doign so, they are in violation of international law.

11. Megara

Megara Banned

the fact is, i get along fine with most veggies. The only ones i have problems with are the ones who stare at you while you eat meat or make some stupid remark about eating pig flesh and how its so gross. Thankfully, not all veggies are like that.

12. Megara

Megara Banned

I dont care whether you accept it or not. Think what you want and stop trying to force your view onto others, thats all i ask. Omnis need to do the same in regards to vegetarianism.

13. Megara

Megara Banned

christ, your analogies are silly. The world has recognized the rights of humans. Animals dont have those rights.

You only look silly comparing babies to cows.

I want to control people? By telling people they can eat what they want? Right. I am trying to control people by telling people they need to act civilly towards each other? I guess i am guilty of that. God forbid someone not want conflict.

Think outside the box for a second. Think for a second, that perhaps we arent talking about just this forum, but about real life. You know, not evrey comment made is meant for the forum only.

You know what, treat people how you want. If you want to be dicks to them because of something they eat, fine, thats your perrogative. Dont be surprised when they are dicks back to you.

14. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

LOL! The mature way to react to an apology.....

15. Megara

Megara Banned

its not just my government. Is there any government in the world that has banned eating any meat? It seems to me, that you are in the very, very, very, very small minority. Sorry, people will continue to eat meat until we have a universal epiphany on why eating meat is bad. Dont hold your breath though.

I am all for improving the conditions of animals who are to be slaughtered and anything that can be done to reduce pain.

Btw, i hope you lecture lions too :) cause they arent so nice when they kill animals. *snickers* People seem to think that the world is some nice and gentle place where everyone lives in harmony and that humans are the only ones who are perpetrating violence against animals. Sorry, but you need to look at the real world and see how brutal and cruel it is.

16. Megara

Megara Banned

LOL...its more humane to kill an animal who is roaming free than penned up behind a fence? Nice logic!

and yes, lions are carniverous by nature. Guess what humans are now.. I"ll give you a hint,we arent herbivores.

And i have to hunt for food? No thanks

Do you grow your own food? That would be the only way to ensure animals arent harmed in processing your veggies. Oh wait, we all know that the growing of veggies dont kill any animals. All those millions of acres didnt have ANY animals on them. Yes, no animals find themselves killed by the carbines.

Now if you dont grow your own food, you would be a hypocrite

Now honestly, What do you mean "meat raised without the meat industry." Are you talking about that free range stuff?

17. Megara

Megara Banned

dont look in the mirror then :)

18. Megara

Megara Banned

No, now let me ask you. "Are you trying to flood yourself to 1,000 posts or something?"

Ok, now that we've got that covered.

I'm just responding to your comments. You seem to make a lot of assumptions about me.

BTW, i found this, i thought you might like it.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/scitech/DyeHard/dyehard020501.html

*sighs* what brilliant logic by that vegan. It is better to kill less than more. I'll make sure to inform hitler that he is morally superior to stalin when i go to hell for caring more about a baby than a calf.

As stimulating as this hasnt been. I have greek to learn and a chicken to eat. I'm sorry.

19. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

*shrug*

I apologised for misunderstanding you. Get over it. And I thought you had me on ignore?

20. Paz

Paz Member

some people may want to post about the topic! and megara yes it is impossible to live with out killing some animals, I mean we step on bugs all the time right, but it's not so much the killing which is wrong (not that it's right either) but it's more how the animals are treated in the factory farms, I cannot speak for you but I think it's worse to have someone/something in a cage where they can barely move, lay in their own waste and are fed off things they don't normally eat full of chemicals and antibiotics then to go out grab a spear/gun or whtever and track down an animal and kill/eat it to survive, but why support such an evil sadistic industry when we don't need to? I love meat, it tastes good, but I don't eat it and don't want to because I find it morally wrong how the animals are treated in factory farms. so if you don't want to start big fights like you said then you shouldn't come into a veggie forum and alk about how their is nothing wrong with eating meat, obiously their are people here who feel VERY stongly about these things, so please be considerate, i'm not saying that you aren't but maybe you didn't realise that you are being rather inconsiderate right now. so everybody CHILL OUT, lets all kiss and make up, Peace! lets get back to the topic please!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.