rateyourprofessor.net= Easy Teachers

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by Ediction421, May 18, 2004.

1. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

Anyone ever use "rateyourprofessor.net" here? It's a growing database of college professors evaluated by the students. Basically there to help you get the easiest teachers, or at least one's you will be able to relate to better...
    I used to use it, I thought it was great...:)

2. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

I use it only for the shitty teachers I have. Not only do I rip them apart in the quarterly eveluation, I like to tell the other students how it really is to be in their class.

3. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Is it free? I use pick a prof it does the same thing, I've never heard of the one you mentioned.

4. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

Yeah, you just have to sighn up.

5. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

Actually you don't have to sign up... I never have anyway.

6. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

What?! Thats impossible im never, EVER wrong.
    LoL, just kidding.
    I wonder why they have people sighn up? Maybe it's only if you're gonna participate in the gradeing of one of you're proffessors. Nothing better than giveing the teacher you're own personal grade on how good of a job you think he/she did.

7. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

Never heard of that site, but I just used www.pickaprof.com this past semester. It only costs $5 for a semester, so it's really not that much. It allows you to see the professor's complete grade history, plus student reviews. Because of it I'm in two classes that about 60-70% of the students get either an A or B. It also helped me avoid a class that I almost took with a horrible professor. A worthy investment in my opinion.

8. superNova

superNova Member

9. jimaug87

jimaug87 Member

I used ratemyprofessor before this semester because the intro to lit class I needed to take had two teachers. One got horrid reviews and my friend took it anyway, hes miserable. I took the class with the star professor even though it wasn't convinient for my schedule and I am extremly glad I have her. I have a great grade and we have fun in class. After the semester I will go back and rate her very well.

Great site. However, i wish there was an option of contacting past students to ask specific questions.

10. rockys4u

rockys4u Member

Guys,
    This is an awesome site for rate my professor. Its got colleges from all of US and Canada and over 700,000 professors. Moreover it also promotes free essays, research papers, term papers and etc as well. You have got many other great features on the site too. Dont listen to me, if you dont want too.. check it out for your own self...

11. Sitka

Sitka viajera

I tend to never agree with how profs are rated; when people rate them well I dislike them, and when I like them people give them poor reviews.

So I tend to take it with a grain of salt.

12. decriminalize

decriminalize Member

yeah i used it. graduating this semester though

13. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

so who else posts their awesome profs, too?

14. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

A lot of the reviews in my major are from pissed off freshman who can not cut it, so it really does skew things as sitka says.