Ras TafarI

Discussion in 'Rastafari' started by hess, May 16, 2004.

1. hess

hess Member

Blessings in the name of HIM, Emperor Haile Sellassie

iman would just like to say to you all, know this day was given from Jah, love this day and cherish this day, as Jah loves you. Use this day WISELY, dont live to regret this day :)

iman hope blessings and peace fall upon all of yuh.

2. freedbypeace

freedbypeace A Woman Left Lonely

ya man! good words good words, peace be with you also.

3. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

What person is this devil "you"? Are the people here not I and I?

From wence does Iman's Ras spring?

4. hess

hess Member

Imans Ras? you ask for I's journey?

Well, I head about RastafarI, not too long ago, and since then have been learning about RastafarI, about InI, and learning in love and knowledge for all beings. overstanding that those who truly sight Sellassie, truly adore Jah, learn so much more than them Babylonian villians. iman have learnt so much about RasTafarI, but still know so little, constantly learning about JahJah love. iman have also learnt so much from other Rastass, infact iman have learnt pretty much everything from other Rastas on a MSN message board.

But still, I have trouble call I a Rasta, iman nah know y? but iman still love RastafarI.

now iman must ask you, what authority you having coming in here and asking I about InI's RastafarI roots?

5. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

I believe I sense sincerity, and yet it is my duty to prod young Hess on.

I owe a life-debt to A RastaMan, and he has compelled me to help young people understand the true nature of Rastafarianism.

True Rastas lack hate and animosity.

And they never say "you"!

6. hess

hess Member

and no Rasta man says RastafarianISM

and as I said before iman nah completely see I self as a Rasta, because iman still not KNOW the I and I as a Rastaman seen?

7. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

I'm not a Rasta.

So I may speak as whimsy dictates.

I don't believe in the devil or god.

8. hess

hess Member

then why yuh come into here and tell others what yuh dont overstand?

9. Peppy

Peppy Member

hess, yuh pickney blood clat, yah so, speak like yuh fe some rude bwai but really you come from england just like me so don't put on jamaicanisms degrading a true beleif into a fashion statement, our lord doesn't speak the words in my or your languange, in the beging was the word and the word became flesh, the word is god. now when the word first came a baby born in jerusalem i beleive he spoke hebrew, possibly some greek and a little latin what with the romans being in control. but i'm not too sure as it isn't something that is of any importance because he was the word, the word itself is translated into all language because it is for all peoples so we don't need to go changing how we speak to fit in with it.

10. hess

hess Member

InI ask yuh where I bring I's belief into FASHION? when did I say I come from Jamaica? Did i mention Jamaica? Bahamas? AFRICA? InI know I's roots! Born in ENGLAND! but parents from Iran! InI proud who I am, yesI, born in England, land of such folly! such lies! such corruption! and through RastafarI, no, THROUGH JAH LOVE! InI seek truth and love, NOT fashion, NOT lies, NOT language, but LOVE AND TRUTH! InI feel comfortable in how i express iman.

11. Peppy

Peppy Member

So why is it that you type with jamaicanisms, and i guess you speak with them too? Why? I have actual jamaicans as friends they speak with jamacianism yes because it is their accent and words from their culture, but when i talk to them over the internet you wouldn't know where they were from they type using the same speach as everyone although maybe a few jamaican proverbs more than most people. but they don't go changing the type to sound like an acent in the same way as a biography on marley doesn't spell man "mon" all the time or change all the "if"'s and "for"'s to "fe" because they aren't trying to make themselves sound jamaican they have nothing to prove they don't need too so why do you feel you need to? i mean surely you are focusing on africa not jamaica any ways so if you want to put on an acent or something like that why don't you learn swahili or eathiopian tounge???

12. hess

hess Member

InI feel freedom with Iselfs speech, InI don't tell no man how to talk, how to pronounce the I, talk about the I or present the I. If how iman talk offend you then InI will say sorry, but this is how Iself feel FREE!

13. erowid

erowid Member

ya dude you should speak with your beleifs and not apose them for simple european mannerizms just cause it's the way most people would choose to express there thoughts. If everyone expressed themselves in the same way this world would certainly blow. Alot of my freinds rag on me for using alot of terms like right on and righteous, yet I use them because the real context of these expressions stem from my beleifs, so I just keep on keeping on.

14. prophet7

prophet7 Member

@hess

Nah worry about them Idren, you are on a good way to finding urself and they are just trying to pull u off the path ! Keep on trodding the path of Rasta and u will learn more. I and I see positivity and overtstanding in your answers. Trod on !

It has nothing at all to do with how one talks or expresses themselves. What is in the head is what counts !
    Besides this Patois is not Jamaican - it is African ! It is termed "pigeon-english" and exists in Africa as well. Besides, who are the Jamaicans ??
    Peter Tosh himself said it :

Don't care where you come from
    As long as you are a black man
    You're an African

It is a shame that most do not overstand this ! I and I nah deal in no seperation. That would be like taking the slave drivers rules and living upon them/putting back I ownself into slavery - cyaan't work !

One Love
    prophet7

15. goldmund

goldmund Member

This is one thing that I can't stand about the pretensiousness of rasta. Hess wrote an uplifting heights post, seen? Anyone can use iyaric/word-sound-power, etc. as a linguistic thing, but if you don't have the right spirit, or if you vex on how someone says says a good thing....? I can guaruntee that HIM spoke using the Amharic equivilant of "you" both in his speeches and in regular conversation.
    Its funny the only person who bigged up Hesse wasn't even a ras. In fact, "freedbypeace" calls herself a goddess.

I agree with Peppy. Certain language can be used to lie or trick people through syntax, etc. Look at the media. Yet, I feel to be caught up and blocked because you can't speak what is on YOUR mind, is counter intuitive to reasoning on whole.

16. freedbypeace

Call me stupid, :& but I am failing to see what is wrong with calling myself a goddess. And if you were referring to me about not be "ras" then no you are right I am not I just like to hear people speak poetry of there beliefs. No harm there right?

17. goldmund

goldmund Member

This is nothing at all wrong with calling yourself a goddess! your post was perfect and uplifting.
    What I am saying is that there are many hardcore rasses who would consider you, I hate to say it, but a "heathen" (eg Marley's song "Heathen"). Its funny that with all of their talk, they cut each other for not using particular words correctly. I was saying that you, someone who was not a ras, captured the spirit of rasta better than many of those in the faith.

18. freedbypeace

No offense taken I completely understand your point. I myself, having gone to rural Jamaica know exactly what you mean. Some rasta men didn't even like seeing a white woman, yet alone an american trying to educate herself on the Jamaican and Rastafarian culture. Believe me, many hard core rastas probably do hate me, being an american, caucasion, a women, and not even Rasta. When I went to BoBo Hill I truly saw the difference. I just love to learn about different religions and cultures. I am a mixture of taoism and jainism so I just have an open mind. I am just glad I cleared up making sure you don't dislike me or anything. So everything is all fine and groovy now I suspect. :)