Rappers can't talk.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by cerridwen, Jan 14, 2005.

1. miami musician

miami musician Senior Member

dude, if you would take the time to think that a good 90% of hip hop is not represented on "jay leno" or any of your favorite shows, you'd know more about the genre...

and btw, i may not think that tupac is my favorite rapper, but he's a poet. what do you do with your life? critisize people on an internet message board? oh you're SO much better than he is. :rolleyes:

i'm out to go partying, i will be back with more responses...

2. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

maybe you should research what the phrase "Thug Life" means and what Tupac did with it. maybe then you won't be so hostile to it.

3. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

I'm not talking shit, I'm talking opinion. And YOU don't seem to feel that people are entitled to theirs.

RAP SOUNDS LIKE A BUNCH OF IGNORANT, ILLITERATE *SHIT*, AND IT GLORIFIES ASSHOLE LIVING AS A FUCKIN' CRIMINAL MISOGYNIST MURDEROUS THIEVING THUG. FUCK RAP.

-Jeffrey

4. TheChaosFactor

TheChaosFactor Senior Member

Maya Angelou has the exact same tattoo and she's a very well respected poet, what do you have to say about that?

He had a very open mind, and an intelligence I wont even try to argue with you as you're completely ignorant on the subject.

5. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Jeffery's bitching is poetry.

6. TheChaosFactor

That my friend is what I like to call talking shit. You are no longer speaking on quality of music as an opinion but stating the motives and messages of rap as a fact. Step off man, you're losing control of your psuedo-intellectual bullshit and slipping up.

7. peacefuljeffrey

Heh, be sure to do a lot of drugs -- or at least drive drunk! Don't forget to get in fights, too. It's just no fun unless you leave the club in a police car. :p

Hey, if Jay Leno doesn't command quality rap acts...
    You're telling me that the good ones are the ones who are NOT getting on national t.v. shows?

-Jeffrey

8. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

Was that necessary? No, but it was a display of your "bully on the playground" attitude.

You must be sooo lonely to be that mean

9. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I think that summarizes why you shouldn't have a say in this...

10. TheChaosFactor

I think he's already summarized why he shouldn't have a say in anything so long as he lives out his pathetic angry life.

11. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

ludacris is the shit.

thats all I gotta say.

12. TheChaosFactor

"Rap is tailor made for your purposes then, since it is so dominated by blacks."

The biggest selling rap artist of the past 6 years is a white man**. One of the quickest up and coming rapper right now, sales wise, is also a white man. Show's what you {think you} know about rap in general.

"The reason these guys have millions of dollars and businesses that thrive is because they have something that huge uneducated masses enjoy:"

I kid you not, 17 people out of the 50-60 I work with own record labels directed towards rap. Ludacris is still fairly new in the rap industry and is worth more than 80% of the rappers that have been around for 3-5 years longer than him. He happens to know a thing or two about business and let's just say he made sure his contract fitted his demands. And Dre.....he's just a "super dope beat maker" what can I say.

You have nothing of value to say ever, do you? Just empty, knowledgeless, insults about things that don't suit your taste. You seem to have a strong opinion on just about everything. Is there something specific wrong with you, or are you jsut really fucking obnoxious?

Edit** He also happens to hold a lot of sales records across ALL industries.

13. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I love Sole.

RJD2 too... If he weren't so white. [​IMG]

14. peacefuljeffrey

Omigawd, this is sooooo weird!
    I was just wondering the same thing about YOU! :eek:

-Jeffrey

15. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

Not him, 'cause not a whole website hates him. You say that rap is hard to understand crap, and opera is in a diff language hard to understand to one foreign to that language, well there are predjedices about opera listeners too. Originally rap was meant to tell how it is. Now, alot of people get labled rap but arent. Theres still some good rap thats real rap.

16. Electricbuddha

Electricbuddha Member

Beautiful I completely agree

Sort of trip hop….

groovy beats with amazing poetry its usually more political, some spearhead, Michelle Frantie, Saul Williams, Herbalizer, Tribe called quest, sweatshop union, T love, roots Manuva, Quannom MCs... plenty of talented stuff.

17. paix

paix Senior Member

I forgot about Saul William, now there's (IMHO) one of the most amazing poets of our generation. I was a spearhead show once, my first, and they brought him out on stage to read some poetry, it was truly amazing, that man is so so gifted.

18. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

exactly!

quote from miami_musician-
    and if you're looking for some poetic-type hip hop, listen to common sense or mf doom... if you're looking for some of the most lyrically substantial hip hop out there, listen to j-live, mos def, or talib kweli.

You have really good taste in music.

19. peacefuljeffrey

BWAHH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

have you actually ever listened to any of the artists that he listed?

like talib for exactly?