Rapper gets blow job on stage

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop and Rap' started by sunfighter, May 2, 2013.

1. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

This morning I read in the Huffington Post that last Friday

Kitty Pryde, Brown's opening act wrote about it.
    I personally think this is reflective of the disgusting values of the hip-hop & rap culture. Rap is not hip.

Discuss.

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Ohhh... Right... Cause incidents like Altamont were exemplary of being hip. :rolleyes:

3. sunfighter

Oh, OK, so you're saying this was just an isolated incident and doesn't reflect the values of hip-hop culture?

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Hip hop culture is pretty much just as varied as rock n roll. There are mcs who represent debaucherous, mysognistic values as well as those that represent thought provoking, introspective values.

5. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

What is the difference between "free love" and "naturism" and lewd acts of public indecency?

When a bunch of flower children were popping acid and touching each other daily in Central Park it probably didn't bother you.

6. sunfighter

Can you name a few of the second category?

7. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

Um, what's the issue here?

Can't we just let blow jobs be blow jobs.

8. sunfighter

No, it didn't :)

I think there's a difference. With flower children it was about love and peace, but hip hop has a very different reputation -- materialism, chauvinism, lax morals, disrespect toward women.

9. tubahead

tubahead Member

That made me laugh very hard. I want to be able to use that in a conversation someday.

10. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

I'm not condoning what happened. But is Jim Morrison whipping out his cock at a concert any better?

I've seen musicians in ALL genres act with materialism, chauvinism, lax morals and disrespect towards women.

11. Mike Suicide

Here's an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfXwmDGJAB8"]2Pac - Keep Ya Head Up - YouTube

12. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Hieroglyphics
    A Tribe Called Quest
    Common
    Aesop Rock
    Greydon Square
    Public Enemy
    Zion I
    Dead Prez
    K'naan
    Mos Def

13. sunfighter

No one really knows if Jim Morrison really did that, but whatever. Even if he did, he and Iggy Pop are the only rock stars to ever do that, as far as I know.

But, still, I think you're avoiding the point that those negative values are much more prevalent in hip hop than they are in rock. I didn't even mention the violence that occurs at shows.

14. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

does this happen a lot at hip-hop shows? kind of seems like an isolated incident.

15. SunshineChild

SunshineChild Mad Scientist

Then you obviously don't know much about rock lol.

GG Allin is an example (just one) that takes the cake over almost anything in hip hop

16. Mike Suicide

Rockstars up until the late 80s were probably the worst sexual deviants I've ever seen, with their wild sex parties and groupies. Hell Ted Nugent became a legal guardian of an underage girl just so he could bang her.

The difference is Rock musicians do it behind the scenes and rappers tend to have a lot of imagery in their videos that the public sees.

They used to say Rock is satanic and the devils music, today Rap is the getting the same bad "rap".

17. Duck

So, it's okay to be publicly nude and sexual; as long as you're peace-loving and feminist?

18. sunfighter

The only people who used to call rock "satanic" were the straight people, by which I mean those who were not hip, did not use drugs, went to church, etc.

But I get your point.

19. sunfighter

YES! lol, that's where I'm coming from.

20. Duck

You don't see where that's hypocritical? Where the line is impossible to draw?

To me, it's just a bunch of dumb kids being slutty. Which is perfectly fine, as long as they recognize the risk they pose to themselves, and try to avoid infecting others when/if they get an STI.

Mainstream hip hop culture is absolutely disgusting to me. I don't understand how it's so popular, or why so many uppercrust white kids like it. But the flower children and hippies were just a bunch of young dreamers and exploiters with half-baked ideas and a want for adventure.