rapid heart rate

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by tom, Jan 8, 2005.

1. tom

tom Member

Used to be an almost daily smoker for about 6 or 7 years. Never had any negative effects. Now I'm smoke maybe once every few months. For about the first hour after smoking, my heart feels like it's going to jump out of my chest and i feel short of breath. Anyone got any ways to counteract this or just lessen it a little?

2. Internity

Internity Member

well, before i quit one of the last times i smoked green i was sittingon the couch next to my boyfreind and we were watching some gang movie, i was zonned off into the tv and like 4 minutes latr(it felt like) i relized i wasnlt breathing, and my heart was racing like 5 times a second, it felt like i just got done running for miles. it hella scaredme, but yah, that was when i havent dont that in a couple weeks, so i guess it was cause u wernt used to it. and it was a rush for u, it was probly how your day was this probly sounds lstupid but mabey it was a panic attack, u have like the same sytoms. i donno, im not a frakin doctor, it coulda just been the high u got, afterward did u get numb??my tounge got hella numb afterward, i didnlt even relize i was bitting it, hhaha, i keep itching it cause it felt weird, ok soory, i stop blabbing, hope i helped, i guess, peace and love be with u.

3. PhluffHead 4

PhluffHead 4 Member

my heart has raced a few times and its always been when ive just been sitting down doing nothing, walk around or go outside and see if you feel better.

4. Internity

Internity Member

yeah it helps and drink some water...

5. thebuffster

thebuffster Member

Yeah, that happened to me a lot when I first started smoking. From what other people here have said, it's probably because your body was not used to it. Low tolerance and stuff.

When it happened to me, I always thought I was going to die. I freaked out because I thought my parents would find me dead the next morning and they would know I smoked pot. Shows how paranoid I used to get...

6. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

Deleted...

7. Enron

Enron Member

Are you on any medication now? one of my friends who takes dextro-amphetamine for school, he can only toke during summer because they mix and make his heart race and he said it was basically a hardcore pins and needles feeling and shallow breathing, not fun.

8. Jointman69

Jointman69 High Nigga Pie

from what ive heard bud does make your heart rate speed up. but you never know it could be an allergic reaction. when i had my hilarious (there is a thread in here somewhere) reaction to percocet i got real itchy(histamine) and my heart beat sped up real fast and it was hard to breathe. not to scare u, my heart sped up real fast when i smoked for the first time in 2 months(of course i was high as shit and thought somebody was thumpin on my window even thought it was open and i could see out of it)

9. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

Deleted...

10. ez_on_the_motion

ez_on_the_motion Member

I never used to really get the speeding heart thing much and short of breathe thing until the summer when I think i got a sinus infection or something because i got bad post nasal drip(i think something in my room causes it, i need to clean it out good) so that causes me to get harder breathing(even when sober). Another thing don't smoke so much! Last night i smoke such a tiny amount and got one of the best highs i've had in a while without the crazy heart rate or other scaryness.

Pot is a such a simple drug but its really not... If it ever becomes legal, we will know all we need to know about it.

Edit: Another thing is just relax and try not to focus on your heat. Relizing your hearts speeding is a sign your not relaxing, well for me it is i know.

11. Synaptic Ether

Synaptic Ether Member

i get that every now and then.. i've been smoking daily since i started so about 6 or 7 months now. i've had 2 panic attacks. 1 lasted only a few minutes, the other lasted over an hour. but that wasn't just rapid heart rate... it was total out-of-body, omg-i'm-going-to-die, deep trippy thoughts, paranoid FEAR hehe

since we have no idea why shit like that happens (thank you war on drugs), i try to avoid it by monotering my caffeine consumption and keeping the environment chill or happy especially if i'm going to be smoking a lot. so far, it's worked.

12. Stan

Stan Member

I've gotten that every now and then. The latest I got that was over christmas break when my friend told me to come over at like 1:00 am or so. I was drunk and had to walk about 3 miles (has no license because he sucks) to his house. Got there and he told me to pack it and I packed it too tight, took like 3 hits then had to repack it. Then I mentioned that it was the first time I've been high in like a month. So he let me have the whole bowl to myself. After that I was horribly ripped, then I packed another and I got probly 75% of the hits from the bowl and by then I had lost reality. I was tired, drunk, BAKED, and smoking a ciggarete... and those increase your heart rate. So after all that and a spicy ass pizza my heart was going crazy.
    The first time I got this feeling I just smoked a shit loud of weed with my friend who said I couldn't keep up with him. And at first I thought I was going to die or something. But the key is to realize that your heart is going fast and that it will go away within a half hour/hour... freaking out over your heart goin like a machine only makes it worse and fucks with your high.

WOW THAT WAS A RAMBLING.