Rapid censorship of original Bloomberg racist video, will this copy get taken down ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TheGreatShoeScam, Feb 15, 2020.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Only 42,175 views,

I read about this in the news but I wanted to see the whole video but the only thing that comes up in search was fake news articles with little bits of it. I am usually pretty good at web searches but took me 15 minutes to find the whole video.

I don't like this Bloomberg dude.

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I've mentioned him a couple of times. People don't seem to have a whole lot of energy on him. But he has a mountain of money; we'll probably see his ads on TV until the election in November. He and Tom Steyer have the real financial staying power to keep the minds of democrats on track between the primaries and the general election.

Not only is it bad that he's talking about redlining, I don't think that redlining had to do with the financial crisis in the late 2000s. It was more the relaxation or lack of regulation on bundling subprime mortgages together and selling them on the stock market like regular stocks.

I don't have all the details, but if redlining were employed wouldn't that prevent subprime mortgages from being acquired? :) I think it would prohibit the banks from lending to buyers in neighborhoods that would be reliant on the subprime market.

Does this mean he is a proponent of it? (redlining) I didn't watch, so I don't know if that's part of the video or not. But it doesn't sound very good to me.

3. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

All I know is that Bloomberg dude, Mini Mike, is scary. Reminds me of this quote,

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it. "

Listen to the dude talk on TV, like we are farm animals he wants to manage.

Another quote

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C. S. Lewis

4. soulcompromise

I thought you were quoting Bloomberg, but it was C.S. Lewis.

Ok... back to Narnia with me!

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Guys like Bloomberg are just guys that lucked out in the right place at the right time anyway, then spend the decades following riding the backs of 100s of smarter employees

Bloomberg with his investment platforms, Buffett investing in IBM at the right time, Elon Musk with Paypal, Steve Jobs with smartphones

6. Bullzaye

Bullzaye Members

Bloomberg is bad news. We definitely don't want him in the WH!

7. The only controversy I heard was "You've got to get the guns out of the hands of the people that are getting killed". Am I missing something?
    As long as there is a real probable cause to stop and frisk I don't see a problem with it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2020
  8. Bullzaye

Bullzaye Members

No...that's exactly what he wants. Disarm the public...he doesn't like people defending themselves from criminals.

9. I wouldn't vote for him anyway but I am against anyone who tries to disarm the people.

WritersPanic and Bullzaye like this.
  10. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

That's the thing about stop and frisk tho. No probable cause needed. Just reasonable suspicion.

11. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

So that's why you never made it. Lady Luck not smilin' on you?

pineapple08 likes this.
  12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Not even reasonable suspicion.
    Just, "oh, this looks like a black person"

13. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Racial profiling used to be considered a form of reasonable suspicion, but the courts have now rejected it.

14. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

15. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

not being white = probable cause to be stopped and frisk. He's bad news but does he have a legit chance anyway?

16. As long as it's not Trump. Right?

Surely no Democrat could possibly be worse than Trump!

Or, he could be a nightmare. The imagine his policies on a national scale. and nobody is talking about his take on illegal aliens over the years.

17. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

omg nobody is saying that! You and 6 need to get together and go drinking

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  18. soulcompromise

yea... he could be

I read something and thought I'd add that he in fact did condone/support/whatever redlining too... I think his comment was that the subprime mortgage crisis wouldn't have happened if there were redlining. Redlining would have prevented people from getting the loans they needed to survive too, but never mind that...

WritersPanic likes this.
  19. Oh surely you've heard the "anybody but Trump" mantra from the left. I surely can't take credit for it. It's on t-shirts sold by Amaz0n, the Orlando Slantinel trended with the term, it's even on Wikipedia!

20. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

not in relation to Bloomberg, no.