rap

Discussion in 'Music' started by Fractual_, May 18, 2004.

1. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

the only rap that i usually listen to is bone, afroman and outkast

2. nightmarehippygirl

nightmarehippygirl LEVI'S MOMMY

occasionally. i like kinda old stuff, like the beastie boys, digital underground, etc. it reminds me of being a kid, cause that's when all that stuff was cool.

as for the newer stuff, some of it is ok. we go to a bar that plays all kinds of music, and some of it has grown on me. but not enough to buy the cds or anything.

3. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

i forgot all about the beastie boys...good call, i love them. their songs always make me laugh.

4. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

I think most music you hear on the radio and see on videos is pop, its basically all pop, they put it in different categories, rap, r n b, country, rock, but most of that stuff sucks, it is crap, and it is pop, it's not even real music.

So that said, yes I like a lot of rap music, just probably not many things that people associate with being the type of rap that they've heard. What you're actually listening to is pop music, crap that is made for the sole purpose of being popular, and the way to do that is to have a gimmick it's the same with r&b music, rock, and country it's all fake!

I love Mos Def!

5. Fizzyliftingdrink

Fizzyliftingdrink Member

I have to say that there are a lot of rap songs that are way better than a lot of the rock songs that are coming out lately.

6. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

Not a huge fan of a rap, back in 1993/4 I listened to a fair bit, just of what friends had really. Snoop, Wu-Tang, Nas. Time passed and I saw less of those rap friends, without their influence I ended up listening to Puff Daddy and Mase and shit. Wasn't long before I was off that altogether.

Rap is creeping back into play a little these days. I think it was probably The Streets got me listening again. It was British and familiar and pretty funny. Then a friend played me some Pharcyde and Outkast showing me the music isn't as repetitive and dull as I remember. There's that Dizzie Rascal fellow too, giving me 4 acts I actually like a lot.