rap

Discussion in 'Music' started by Fractual_, May 18, 2004.

1. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

does anyone out there get down to some rap

occasionally ill listen to some bone thugs n harmony or tupac, its actually not half bad.

2. people_lovr

people_lovr Member

Would you consider The Roots, Common, Blackalicious, Dialated Peoples rap?
    Cause if so i listen to rap
    no Tu Pac or Bone Thugs for me though
    I don't like hearing 'bout gansta's and thug life :mad:
    Rapping about love, peace, and the good of mankind is all good though :cool:
    :D

3. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

Ya, I listen to rap. Alot of the rap that I listen to is underground Houston rap though, you gotta love chopped and screwed. Houston is the birthplace of that genre of music. My favorite Houston rappers are (in no order): Slim Thug, Chamillionaire, Paul Wall, Lil' Flip (before he got signed), and Magno.

Slim Thug recently just signed to Interscope, his solo should drop in September.

Mainstream rap that I listen to includes: Tupac, Biggie, Eminem, Dre, Snoop, Bone Thugs, Jay-Z, and a variety of others.

4. InTheFlesh

InTheFlesh Member

I just have some problems with rap.
    1. Too many people listen to it. I know that "not following the crowd" sounds kind of cheesy.
    2. There is too much yelling and barking like dogs. A lot of the lyrics are angry and malicious.
    3. The songs and beats are used over and over again. There is no originality. So what if you're "in da' club"?

5. InTheFlesh

InTheFlesh Member

Also... (reading someone elses post) I can bear to listen to the Roots, beastie boys, or run dmc.

6. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

thats very stereotpyical intheflesh

7. FunkyConguero

FunkyConguero Member

i enjoy some rap. in fact, my producer got me into writing beats for rappers. not all beats are re-used and unoriginal, i put alot of hard work and creativity into that to give the rappers somethin to one-up the others with. i do alot of percussion tracks on my beats too, considering im a percussionist in a "real band" we've down live shows for hire for some local rappers and r&b singers. you're gonna laugh when you hear this, but we played at a show with this singer and opened up for Twista on NYE. it was pretty awesome. we partied like rockstars that night

8. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i like method man, snoop dog, old eminem, run dmc, the roots, black eyed peas, dead prez..........................

9. Oklahoma

Oklahoma Member

I like some "underground" hip-hop--Mobb Deep, Immortal Technique, MF Doom... Underground Hip-hop is one of the most intellectual genres out there. Mainstream is crap, except for Eminem's funny songs.

10. 7leafclover

7leafclover Member

Commercial rap is 100% shit. However, I could always go for some Jurassic 5, Roots.

11. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

That Twista show must have been pretty cool. I like some of Twista's older stuff.

12. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

HELL YEAH, whoever was talking about chopped and screwed songs. you gotta be down with flip, paul wall, chamillionair, three 6 mafia, blackalisious, dilated peoples, SOME eminem, not much.

13. MBastard

MBastard Member

i dig red and meth, dre, em, wu, blestenation, run dmc, beastie boys, notorious b.i.g., shit like that

oh yeah and aaron carter he's a hardcore gangsta thug

14. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i think i forgot busta he is sick in concert.........................................

15. Skelter

Skelter Helter

in my opinion rap is the worst kind of music

16. DeceMcGleas

DeceMcGleas Member

Is it such a coincidence that the word rap is also seen in the word crap? I think not!

17. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

when i was about 14 or 15 i was all into manson goth blah blah and used to talk so much shit about rap i also hated bluegrass. i think i have matured a bit and opend up to a wider range of music. bluegrass is one of my faves now. i still dont listen to much country and i have never been a big fan of hard core gangsta rap or anything but for the most part i am willing to listen to anything.

18. Spuff

Spuff Where's my ciggies?

I used to listen to rap back in my mad Happy Hardcore and Trance days but I kinda grew out of it. I still don't mind the occasional Eminem/D12, Snoop, Dre, Tupac, etc ... but I really hate the 'bling-bling' image now associated with it ... it's just cheesy and wrong.

19. joe

joe Banned

I need widen my range of music, i still got my five old bone thugs albums that i listen to over and over again, along with j5 and snoop dogg, warren G and Dub shack, and nate dogg, i dont know if G love and the special sauce would be considered rap more like modern blues...

all the underground stuff like eligh and the grouch is gold compared to the crap on th radio, the shit that hasnt really sold out their image to typical Rapper stereotype

i dont see why people damn ALL rap as being "Crap", i could say the same for all the overated bull that is so much talked about on this site.

20. Oklahoma

Oklahoma Member

mainstream/gangsta rap is crap, with the exception of maybe Tupac, and Eminem when he's not trying to be serious. But I used to think all rap was crap, which I've recently found is not true. There is good rap out there, you just have to look for it...