Rap?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by tothedome1, Jan 16, 2009.

1. does2

does2 Member

I agree, in his early days he had a few ok songs.
    Even his work on The Blueprint is noteworthy, but lately he has fucked up. His ego is too big, negro can't sing.

Speaking of rap, of course....

2. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i like jesus walks.. other than that... he has an Ego that one day will be deflated and he will be on some reality show that barely lasts one season

3. does2

does2 Member

I can't believe you didn't comment on The Blueprint.
    As far as rap goes, it is a goodie... and I'm all for Nas...

4. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

never listened to The Blueprint.. don't even know whos album it is.. rap these days for me is hit or miss.. i don't stay in that loop

5. does2

does2 Member

I think it is almost ten years old now.
    And I am not big on Jay-Z, but he is the artist of the album.
    I have to admit, it is a good album... when you got time to waste on nothing else, give it a spin... I don't think you will be disappointed.

6. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

^^^ That's who i thought.. but i wasn't positive.. only Jay-Z album i like is Reasonable Doubt

7. does2

does2 Member

That is an ok album, different flow.
    Like I said, I'm not big on Jay-Z... the only albums of his I can really comment on are The Blueprint and Encore.

8. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

yea its definitely a different flow.. it's old school Jay-Z... when he wasn't sold out.. i like it.. 96.. back when Jay-Z actually had some talent and could even free style.. i don't think Jay-Z these days could freestyle to save his life

9. does2

does2 Member

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was big into East Coast rap for a while.

10. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

in my rap hay days. dunno.. the east coast beats never really caught my fancy over all.. some of it was good like Big L.. . Boot Camp Click

i loved southern rap and west coast.. i loved the screwed and chopped shit at the time... DJ Screw.. Lil Flip.. Mike Jones.. obviously before the latter two sold .. aka.. after DJ Screw passed away and everyone was stealin his style.. really early No Limit was good too(that Down South Hustlers double disc was amazing).. Suave House.. early 8-Ball and MJG... UGK..

West Coast.. was all about the Sac-town rappers.. E-A-Ski, Brotha Lynch Hung, C-BO, the rest of the Sicc Made Records crew.. MC Eight... Spice 1.. Snoop.. NWA.. BG Knoccout and Gangsta Dresta...

yea.. i use to listen to a lot of rap

11. does2

does2 Member

When I was really into rap, things that caught me were: Nas, Wu-Tang, B.I.G., Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Ice Cube, Eminem, Tupac.... man, the list goes on forever.

Now a day, when I listen to rap it is Nas, sometimes some Asher Roth, and MF Doom is pretty fucking sick.

12. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

yea.. the list of rappers i listened to is just too fuckin long to list.. cuz i listened to everything across the board..

i gotta say though.. fuckin gangsta rap was the shit.. early 90s.. loved it.. it was like the metal of rap.. tough lyrics.. it got lame when gangsta rap turned into "glam" rap.. where everyone just rapped about money, cars and bitches.. and thats when i slowly stopped listening to rap

13. puffed up in my ford

puffed up in my ford Senior Member

yu the early 90s rap was great.every song was different.every rapper had thier own style.now there is none of that.the songs all sound the same.there is no originality in todays rap,most of it sux.

14. Reefer Rogue

Reefer Rogue Member

3-6-mafia!!!

15. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

exactly.. you use to be able to tell one rapper from the other without hesitation.. so much for that

16. thisisme5

thisisme5 Herbal enthusiast

Kanye west is a better producer than a rapper... Although that one new song of his, heartless, is pretty catchy.... Immortal technique is good if your looking at raw rap... Hes seen alot of shit

17. prissbaby

prissbaby creepy

yeah I'm all about immortal technique
    nas too

18. DcloudRnineO

DcloudRnineO Member

hell yeah...i have all kinds of shit from any three 6 mafia affiliated rapper. i like almost everything that comes from them. but, they did sell out like pussies on their last album.

19. thisisme5

thisisme5 Herbal enthusiast

Crossing the border FTW

20. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

No doubt, but Late Registration and College Dropout were incredible albums. They are most definitely in the ranks of Talib Kweli