Rap?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by tothedome1, Jan 16, 2009.

1. maxwellthebeagle

maxwellthebeagle da illest

thanks:cheers2: but after last night, i wanna put biggie there

2. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i hate biopics about musicians.. now everyone is gonna be listening to biggie.. its gonna be more annoying than when walk the line came out

3. Snyfin

Snyfin surfing the astral plane

hell yeah that song has some of the great rhymes i've ever heard.

4. stratface

stratface Member

IMO, the greatest rapper of all time was hands-down Biggie Smalls, however he was influenced by the greatest rap collective ever to live, Wu-Tang Clan.

5. Transcendent

Transcendent Member

I hate how when anyone mentions early hip hop, everyone goes BIGGIE/TUPAC!!!!!!!111ONEONE!!! as if they were the first, the best, and end all. Is it just the fact they don't know anyone else other than these commercial fools or do they genuinely think these late starters are better than all those that influenced them? Rap is bigger than the big names, and has been around since the sixties with names that hold far more prestiege than biggie. Get it into your heads.

6. twmmay

twmmay Member

tech n9ne, awesome flow and cool trippy songs for when your blazed

7. guest432

guest432 Visitor

KRs-1
    Boogie down productions
    black moon
    o.g.c
    kadafi
    Greg Nice
    LS
    Mc Breed
    Shock G
    Money B
    Digable Planets

aah so many
    nice list transcedent lad

8. puffed up in my ford

puffed up in my ford Senior Member

im sure most of what i like has already been posted.but i like alot of the older rap 80s to mid 90s.i dont care for alot of the newer stuff.most of it just sux.alot of the newer stuff all sounds the same.there isnt much originality anymore.but the same goes for rock and country.i never really cared for biggie or tupac.they got too big too fast,radio over played both of them.anytime something good comes out the radio stations overplay it all the time.wich is cool for about a week then it gets boring and the songs end up sucking.i dont listen to the radio anymore because of that.i have XM but they do the same thing.now i wait till i do hear a good song and download it to burn it so i can hear it when i want.

i have almost 2000 watts of stereo in my pickup and 1000 in my towtruck.so if it sounds good in them ill crank it and let it thump wether its rap rock or country.it just has to sound good.

9. puffed up in my ford

10. skamikaze

skamikaze Coffee Addict

Aesop Rock is where its at. Anyone dig the Souls of Mischief?

11. puffed up in my ford

dont think ive heard them before.gonna have to check it out later.

12. maxwellthebeagle

maxwellthebeagle da illest

omggzzz i hate famous artists! undergroundzz!!11!1

theyre famous and wealthy as a result of their superior skill. to call biggie and tupac "fools" is a rediculous claim. not everyone claims all the things you said in your reply. stfu

13. polecat

polecat Weerd

Agreeeeed. :D

14. A593

A593 Member

I'll vouch for Biggie and Tupac as well.
    No one says they were the first. They just like them.
    But they were the most famous of a new kind of rap. They appealed to the badass black kids who liked hearing songs about guns and bitches.

LL Cool J was damn cool. He came before those guys. Back with his, "I Need A Beat" but it really sounds cheesy after all these years simply because its not about hardcore drugs or anything sinful. Big and Tupac were the all-stars of their own rap, which has prevailed, more=so than any 80s rap that not many people cre about.

OP: I look down on others who say they like Lil Wayne. So cliche... because he really does sound amazing in my car stereo. Can't find artists with such a disgustingly sexy voice(no homo).
    Lesser known would be Immortal Technique.... but after a while his philosophy depresses you, and all his lyrics are about his beliefs and shit... Even though some of them are agreeable, listening to him all the time made me kind of mad at the world because he only sings about the bad. once I realized this effect I toned it down.

15. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

I'm goin back to cali.. to cali.. to cali.. nah.. i dont think so..

16. puffed up in my ford

haha i gotta download that one!there is 2 versions of that song.the rap one and one of the new age rock bands or something did a remake of it but i forget who it was.

17. The Reverend

The Reverend Member

I probably posted it before but two of SoM came round my mate's house and bought some hash like two years ago.. We were walking down the street near the station and these american guys asked us if we could hook them up so we went back to friend's place two mins away and he sold them some hash, pretty crazy. I didn't know who they were at the time heh but they were playing a show here that night..

Aesop is good, Eyedea and Abilities, Sage Francis, Company Flow, RJD2, I like Immortal Technique's lyrics but his beats are a bit crap sometimes, Sole and some of the anticon stuff, some French hiphop is wicked- amazing language to hear people flowing really fast in.. UK stuff- if you want some clever lyrics and good beats Jehst is good, particularly the Return of the Drifter LP... Doesn't take himself seriously and is a great wordsmith... Also check out Braintax, respect to him because unlike most UK rappers he doesn't put on this fake London accent and flows with his regional one...

18. Reefer Rogue

Reefer Rogue Member

2pac is the best, i listen to him most, or snoop. Others i like are bone thugz, nwa and eminem.

19. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

Talib Kweli
    Mos Def
    Atmosphere
    Murs
    Lupe Fiasco
    MF DOOM
    Common
    A Tribe Called Quest
    The Roots
    Frank n Dank