Rant..

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Smelly D, Jan 25, 2009.

1. oshinn

oshinn Member

yeah... that's how it was for me, like, after i had applied everywhere, even MCDONALDS...

but i got a job within 2 weeks once i went with them...

2. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

labor ready places usually don't care as long as you can pass a drug test. or find a job with the city or non profit organization. they usually don't discriminate. and i know for a fact that the postal service (not sure if you are in the u.s.) doesn't discriminate because of hairstyle

3. shadygrov

shadygrov Member

I have gotten two jobs with dreads in an area where they are hard to come by. I have a good part time job delivering food, catering style, making on average $20 an hour. I got the job on the spot and with hair that crazier than hell that day. It's all about skills, confidence, and attitude. I will bring it up directly if need be or make a joke about if the interview is laid back. I find that if you bring up the issue and acknowledge it they are more likely not to discriminate. It happens though. But if you find yourself never getting hire you should evaluate your resume, appearance, and possibly interviewing skills.

Having dreads are no excuse not to find a job and finding a job is no excuse not to let your hair dread.

4. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

i have crappy confidence, especially when it comes to interviews =[

i did have a temporary christmas job with the royal mail, so in the next week or so im ganna email them to see if they can offer me casual work or something.. it wasnt delivery, it was just sorting so appearance isnt so much of an issue

5. SunShineBlvdHippy420

SunShineBlvdHippy420 Member

Can any of of you people play guitar. You dont really need confidance, just be humble and dont be afraid of humility cause as one person goes by you get nothing. Then seven more people go by "nothing" then one more you get a 20 spot.
    The universe really does entwine around you, Just tweak your own mindset smile ,jam and wait even if you dont get money hey at least you milked some really insane riffs.even if you dont play just go with the flow eventually you will come in to great fourtunes {jah will provide and he does.
    but if you play their is nothing humiliaty about being the only one on the street smileing and playing guitar ...or banjo,or some other wackly interesting musical instrument
    hope my imput helped at least a lil
    (-<-)