Rant On Tv Censorship...take 2

Discussion in 'The Media' started by Crystal_Nocked, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

Nanny State/TV censorship-seemingly-designed-for-retards.....TAKE II:

Some of you may have seen my rant yesterday on absurdly over-zealous and insulting TV censorship. I had mentioned a Bruce Willis movie, where in the scene he was standing on a Black Inner City neighborhood street, wearing a sandwich board that loudly proclaimed, "I Hate Niggers!"

At least that's the way the scene was originally created in the movie. But when it became syndicated on TV, the Nanny State/Nazi Censors, digitally altered the sign to read, "I hate Everybody."

In the movie, Willis was forced to wear this sign by a mad bomber. The scene was crucial to the plot, and when the sign's content was altered, the whole scene, as well as the ensuing wrath by black citizens, made absolutely zero sense.

Well............

Last night I saw a scene on ESPN footage of the New York Mets Mascot.

When he flipped off a fan, the tape editors actually Blurred out the offending middle digit.

I have seen this before many times on TV. And forgot to mention it yesterday when I began this thread, as I find it to be one of the more insulting and ludicrous forms of censorship.

Anybody who doubts me here? I invite them to PLEASE, PLEASE tell me, in what possible scenario could anybody, who is sane and rational, become offended at seeing somebody flip off another on TV, as in a movie?

I challenge you to justify this censorship in 2017 America.

Thanks!

2. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

- The Willis/Jackson scene was indeed pivotal to the story - and the N word used to stress the "OMG - Shock" value to an outraged audience.
    And 'Censorship' goes against my principles of 'Free speech' - with the graphic depiction of reality acting as warnings of "It should not happen again" - however, this theory is based on an educational level that realises that the depiction should be viewed in a mature way.
    Films like, Fail Safe(1964-the danger of accidental nuclear war) ( -at the time 'was' a real worry)
    Saving Private Ryan (1998-(Beach scene) the reality of death in an effort to defer heroic glamour)
    The boy in the striped pyjamas (2008-the horror (/through innocence) of Death camps
    - All went towards trying to show that the perceptions of the public is flawed
    Sadly however, it only seems to incite 'copy-cat' - one might say 'neanderthal' - instincts of those who chose to adopt a more violent, egocentric and peer group mentality. - which is probably why mass audience have the restriction on mass access (i.e. television)

I do find it disappointing that 'some' kind of control is required - but in some cases there is no reliability of appropriate education
    (Not an excuse, = an observation)

1 person likes this.