rangerdanger's Guide To Guerilla Growing

Discussion in 'Cannabis Outdoors' started by rangerdanger, Jan 6, 2006.

1. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

I just did my a.m. watering and I noticed another plant starting to flower.
    And yesterday I visited a friend and one of his 7 plants is beginning to flower.

B-man, I don't have any experiences with greehouses.

The problems I've read of UK outdoor growers having is the lack of bright sunlight and warm temps during Sept & Oct. A greenhouse will help with warmth but won't provide more light.

2. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

In the UK we don't normally get any frost untill well into November. Will keep you posted how it goes.

3. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

sorry ,posted twice

4. Blakkout

Blakkout Member

This is one of the best threads I've read on this forum. Amazing job so far Ranger...

5. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

I agree it certainly encouraged me to grow outdoors and the good thing is its actually working.

6. Monolith

Monolith Member

what happened to this thread??//

7. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

its not the season matey, just wait till spring and this topic and forum will be alive again

8. Metallideth

Metallideth Sir

This thread has been quite a read.

I'll be honest, I didn't pay any attention to ranger prior to reading this, but after reading and agreeing with literally every idea / suggestion he put out, I've a new found respect.

With that in mind, spring is on its way, and I've got a few spots picked out already. :)

Ah, the benefits of a rural area.

9. swazo

swazo i am amazing.

from what i gather march 20ish - mid oct?

damn, i will be leaving for school in sept. lame.

10. campfire-fly

campfire-fly Member

I did everything Ranger said, and she was beautiful, then an early snow killed her last year in Montana when she still had 3 or 4 weeks to go. And now I've moved to a city, I don't see being able to grow around here in the near future. Was thinking about in the swampy woods behind my parents house, but a drug dog lives next door.

11. campfire-fly

campfire-fly Member

[​IMG]

The week before we got a foot of snow she this is how she was coming along.

12. rangerdanger

That's a shame about losing your plant to snow.
    What happened after it snowed? Did it wilt & die? Because some strains can withstand a snow or freeze. Their develoment may slow way down but they'll keep on.
    Mt suggestion: Most places in the U.S. are within a 90-minute drive of a Nat'l Forest or similar area. Get a hiking book and go exploring.

13. campfire-fly

campfire-fly Member

I tried to build a makeshift green house around the plant. I was low on cash so I had to use what I could afford, clear plastic bags. But there was so much snow, and it was a heavy snow that the plastic covered in snow ended up resting on top of the plant freezing it. Right after the snow stopped I went to check on her and the leaves were turning under and folding, so I harvested it because there was more cold, wind and snow coming. I dried and cured it just as you said, and it was weak bud, but smokable. I also made some killer brownies from the leaves for Halloween.

14. rangerdanger

In response to a PM I recieved I wanted to mention again: Don't worry about getting busted for outdoor grows in the woods.
    If the cops find it, they'll rip it up and haul it off.
    No police force has the manpower to stake out a grow, 3 teams of 2 cops per shift, around the clock for who knows how many days to bust some guy growing some plants.
    Plus, if you have a dog like I recommended, your dog will let you know if anyone is lurking nearby.
    Here's a tip: when you get to your plants, just stand there admiring them for a minute before watering them. If the cops leap out and say "AHA gotcha" just say 2tf you talking about, it's not against the law to find some pot plants and/or to look at them.
    They can only bust you for cultivation if they see you cultivating (watering) or harvesting them. They can't bust you for possession either, since you aren't in possession of them.
    Just say you were hiking around, saw some pot plants and decieded to look at them. Unless you have nutrients in your back pack, they'll have no way to assume/prove otherwise.

EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE
    If you booby trap your grow and the cops find it, they WILL stake it out and bust you. Because that's a much more serious crime--endangering public safety. They'll get state or federal help to stake out the grow.

GIVE A HOOT
    Corny yeah, but it's true.
    -Don't leave junk laying around. No wrappers, cans, empty sacks of soil or containers of nutrients.
    -Stash your nutrients in the bushes (in a plastic container) and wear gloves when you handle it.
    -Use organic nutrients, and safe-to-people & animal insecticides. Chem. nutrients/toxic insecticides get into the water table and kill fish and generally pollute stuff.

Be nice to Mother Nature and she'll be nice to you.

15. PeaceColors33

PeaceColors33 Member

hey man,
    this is the first time i wanted to grow my own
    thanx for the info man
    peace

16. Dark||Nomad

Dark||Nomad Member

bump, people need to read this thread, it should be stickied

17. majorchemistry

majorchemistry Member

18. shobs

shobs Member

word. this has inspired me so much. but i dont understand why the buds gotta be 3 feet deep? it should be stickied tho. ranger any advice on knowing when to harvest/harvesting/dryingand curing? thanks in advance.

shobs

19. chuq6

chuq6 Member

I read this hole thing and learned a few things thanx r-man.
    shobs i think he said 3' by 3' because the roots need lots of room to grow
    thats why you dug the hole , because the existing soil was not of quality.

20. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

Chuq6, Rangerdanger is no longer with us:>(