Random question about mac n cheese=)

Discussion in 'Pasta' started by fluttersteke, Jul 20, 2009.

1. fluttersteke

fluttersteke Member

We've all eaten Macaroni and cheese. It's something we all grew up on. I always enjoyed Kraft brand especially and so does my boyfriend. But we recently had a disagreement about how it's prepared and I want to know what you guys think.

This is so random but every time I've eaten mac n cheese, I always top it off with a dash of salt and pepper. While growing up, I've always seen people put salt and pepper on their macaroni and cheese. Not that I really pay attention but it seems like salt and pepper just belongs on top of macaroni and cheese. Now my boyfriend and I moved in together and we sometimes eat mac and cheese together but he never puts salt and pepper on his. He told me he's never seen anyone put salt and pepper on top of mac n cheese and he wanted to try it. So he tried it and he thought it was disgusting. He's never heard of anyone putting salt and pepper on mac n cheese and its something he'll never try again. I've never seen anyone not put it on their mac n cheese but I tried it without it one time and I thought that was too bland. I don't like it plain like that.

So what I'm asking is do you guys normally put salt and pepper on top of ur mac n cheese? If not, have u ever heard of people using salt and pepper to top off their meal? Does salt and pepper belong on top of macaroni and cheese or is it just a preference? lol, sorry random question. I really don't care but I'm so bored and I'd like to know if anyone else uses it or a I the crazy one?

2. AfricaUnite

AfricaUnite Member

Never done it, never seen anyone do it. Its up to you. I havent eaten it in years but when I did it was just ketchup.

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I always put salt and just a little pepper....I also like it with extra milk and I do not put butter like they say to put.

Kraft only by the way...the store brand stuff is shit

4. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

I've seen it done a couple of times (though never consciously noticed it), kind of like when some people put ketchup on mac and cheese! Bleah! I personally always ate it on its own, but when I make mac and cheese from scratch I always put pepper on top.

5. MaccaByrd

MaccaByrd Member

I've never seen or done it. :D Sorry.

6. Sarah_Again

Sarah_Again Inspires Irrelevancy

same.

7. gEo_tehaD_returns

gEo_tehaD_returns Senior Member

I put mayo in mine for awhile. You haven't lived until you've tried that.

8. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Mayo??

Ah man!!

My favourite Mac and cheese is Kraft 'THREE CHEESE' and regular also.......

Back in the 70s/early 80s my favourite was GOLDEN GRAIN "MACARONI AND CHEDDER" man was it good!!! (Havent had anything like it since :()

9. Cleansedreality

Cleansedreality Member

I've seen my mom put salt n' pepper on her KD whenever we had that.
    For me though, the best ingredient would have to be cannabutter. *coolface*
    Yeah, we're all about the KD (Kraft Dinner) here in Canada. :D

10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I love the spirals version....I only eat that on special occasions because its like twice the price and never goes on sale

on a side note KD is on sale at Giant Tiger ..I picked up 4 of them at like 69 cents or something cheap like that

11. PB_Smith

PB_Smith Huh? What? Who, me?

Pepper every time, salt never.
    I often will also grate some extra cheese on top as well.

12. The Earth

The Earth Om Tare Tutare Ture Svaha

Mix mayo in?... now you know youre a fatty

13. DiscoPhish

DiscoPhish Member

i used to work at a bar/restaraunt as a cook and i stole my boss's mac n cheese recipe cuz it was so damn good...get a medium size pot and fill it halfway to 2/3rds with buttermilk (keep the heat low) then add half a block of velveeta cheese, keep stirring it until all the velveeta melts, you gotta keep stirring it or else the velveeta will burn at the bottom. when the velveeta melts completely add 2 generous handfuls of shredded cheddar. stir it up and pour it over your favorite macaroni noodles...it makes alot so share w. friends :)

and yes i love salt n pepper on my mac n cheese!

14. Crimson and Clover

Crimson and Clover Member

Ive seen it but never done it.

15. Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps Am I being detained?

I've never used salt + pepper on my mac and cheese but it sounds good.
    I like the Scooby-Doo and Spider-Man kinds too :) the shape helps them stack up onto the fork good.

16. Dude111

I know alot that put ketchup all over it!

I may put some ON THE SIDE just to see how it tasted but i wouldnt want it RIGHT ON IT!!

17. It's 1 or all i guess

It's 1 or all i guess Member

I like the special shaped Kraft Man N Cheese with some salt and some sprinkled chedder cheese on top YUMMY :drool5:
    Havent had it since I was kid though

18. Dude111

They have changed the stuff i liked for many years.... (Kraft)

I cant seem to make it good anymore!!!!!!! (It sticks all together and its horrible)

I used to be able to make 2 packages @ once and they came out excellent! -- MORE TIMES THAN NOT NOW IT IS HORRIBLE,ITS DISGUSTING!!!!!!

Anyone else notice this??? (I noticed a few months ago the ingredients have been changed (Well the calories) ... Only has 400 carolies now when it was 410)

http://anonym.to/http://web.archive...utrition-facts-calories/kraft-macaroni-cheese

Scroll down to "Macaroni and cheese Dinner (Kraft)" and you will see 410 for calories and then scroll down to the same thing on the current page and you will see 400!

www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/kraft-macaroni-cheese

FUCKING PISSES ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- CHANGING RECIPES THAT HAVE BEEN GOOD FOR MANY YEARS FOR NO FUCKING REASON!!!!!! -- RESULTING IN SHITTIER PRODUCT!!!!! [​IMG]

I wonder what else they changed in it... (I dont have the original ingredients handy :()

They changed the box design and thats when i noticed the changes in the calories... (All companies are the same,IF THEY CHANGE THE CONTAINER,99% OF THE TIME THEY HAVE FUCKED WITH THE PRODUCT IN SOME WAY!!!!!)

I used to love Kraft Mac Cheese! :(

19. AllredsLady2003

AllredsLady2003 Member

pepper til it's BLACK, I don't salt anything except popcorn and if I have Parmesan cheese I don't salt, but I pepper EVERYTHING (watermelon, ice cream, gravy til it's BLACK!!!)

20. fx20736

fx20736 Member

Pepper yes but I put pepper on lots of things. Salt on Kraft Mac n Cheese? not unless I forgot to salt the water before adding the noodles.

btw; add browned, crumbled ground beef, sauteed with onions to the mac n cheese before serving.