Random Facts About You ....number 59

Discussion in 'Games and Contests' started by ROLLINGALONG, Feb 22, 2016.

1. countrygirl

countrygirl Senior Member

Used my leaf blower today...

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I didn't... Mine died this spring.

3. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

I've got a leaf blower that works.

4. Tyrsonswood

You probably don't have 2 acres of Oak trees...

Lynnbrown likes this.
  5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i have oak,pin cherry,choke cherry,poplars and crab apples

the oak are the only leaves i actually pick up...the other ones seem to just blend into the lawn by themself

oh and some type of ash that i planted..those leaves seem to dissapear on their own too

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

i hate when the wet leaves stick to the sidewalk.. then they somehow just vanish. oak leaves, dont have none .. not even close, the only oaks i know of are along the river. locust and staghorns most dom close by..

7. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I don't know if this will help but there are 2 thing I've tried that have helped somewhat to calm my painful, numb hands (YES hands can be extraordinarily painful at night when you have carpal tunnel)..first try the Tiger Balm or some menthol spray stuff for pain and then put on some tightISH gloves on - I use tight fleece gloves. I know that subconsciously bending that wrist while you sleep will bring on the pain and the gloves help my wrists to stay straight (not bend at the wrist). So, if there is any way you could change the way you are bending your hands at night that may help Yeah - when I was going through this, aside from being awoken from sleep from the pain, it affects everything - sleep, the abilty to perform at your best, and just all sorts of things that would be affected by this.

My heart goes out to you..many people have no idea what it is like to have this so bad that your LOUDLY hurting hands will wake you up at night. I know exactly. Even though my hands don't hurt as much as they once did (I quit the motion that cause the most pain - which was hair styling) I still have flare-ups...and I keep my fleece gloves right beside the bed in case I feel it coming on.

Good luck.

8. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

duplicate post

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  9. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

and yet another post having to do with more of my fool ass quoting, posting and doing stupid shit.

Lord have mercyl

Its time for me to go to bed.

night folks

10. countrygirl

I have about 25 0ak trees, 11 maple trees, 3 peach trees and one pine tree that my granddaughter gave me about 6 yrs. ago...And at the back of my yard is the woods it is mostly hickory and oak trees...So it can be a never ending job, or until I just give up...LOL

Nice sunny day...:)

SpacemanSpiff and Orison like this.
  11. Tyrsonswood

I've got Hickory, Elm, Maple, Cherry, Walnut, Locust, Sycamore, Ginko, etc. etc. plus many evergreens but it's the Oak that's the hardest to clear, tears up equipment, and if they pile up on lawn areas will kill the grass. Figures that the majority of Oaks are in the yard around the house...

SpacemanSpiff likes this.
  12. countrygirl

My oaks are in my back yard, 4 of the maples are in the front...

13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

when i was cleaning yesterday im sure i raked some up from last year

theres just the one oak here and its near end of life mostly because it was planted between driveways...it overhangs the neighbours place and our garage so were afraid to cut it

once in a while we get offers for free cut down in exchange for the wood but its always some person with no insurance coverage

14. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

I have sugar maples everywhere!

15. countrygirl

Watching the little monster today...

SpacemanSpiff likes this.
  16. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

I need to go shopping.

17. countrygirl

I need to relax, it has been a stressful day...

18. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Its time for me to get mentally ready for grocery shopping tomorrow. I really have to do it fast - 3 stores in no more than 2 1/2 hrs. Usually it takes a bit over 2 hours. But I cannot let my mind stray for a moment. It has to be straight on thinking and doing the whole time. The reason for all that is I have honestly no idea WTH Mama may get into her head that she should do while I'm gone. She is lucid (enough) but being 97 3/4 yrs old she has the tendency to think she can or should do a LOT more than she should...which involves her going outside. She has gotten better about that but I'm not so foolish to think she has really learned her lesson about that.
    So I mentally start preparing tonight, the night before I go. The reason I don't take her with me is because she doesn't want to (would be very hard for her) walk the amount that has to be covered when going grocery shopping.
    That's my plans for tomorrow.

19. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i hope its nicer tomorrow

i have to take a carb off an atv and i hate to work in the cold

20. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member