Ramblings

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Nistix, May 19, 2004.

1. Nistix

Nistix Member

I awoke this morning to the sound of birds singing in the garden outside my window. What could be better?
    Then I was reminded that there are some people who don't like birds! These scrooge like excuses for human beings take pleasure in gunning them down. The most extreme example of cruelty to birds occured in China in Mao's great leap forward. Mao proclaimed that sparrows were a danger to the revolution and placed a death sentence on them.
    All over the China sparrows felt the wrath of the people's republic. No where were they safe. The idea was that they were eating alot of the grain so were harming the harvest. It turned out that with the sparrow population down the worms were able to destroy the harvest and there was a famine.
    This is what happens when man messes with nature!
    People kill living things because they irritate them or for fun. I once shot a bird when I was about 10. I felt so terrible that I gave it a proper christian burial in the garden. When I returned to the grave the next day to my horror it had been dug up by a cat! I only ever went fishing a couple of times and hated that as well.
    at the same time as I hate inflicting violence on animals i am not vegitarian. I am a pitiful wanna be veggie!
    Do you believe in the theory of parallel universes? There are a growing number of scientists who believe in this theory.
    Sometimes i wonder whether my actions or my state of mind enables me to travel into these other universes. They say that these universes are outside our one and yet closer than the shirt from your skin. In other words we are constantly interacting with these other worlds. Perhaps each different universe lies within each of us. Those tuned in to similar frequencies manage to tune into each other?
    If we focus and give we can build a better world simply with the power of the mind. Even if we can't we can at least try. I am sure alot of you are already.

2. rainbow dew

rainbow dew Member

yeah you pitiful wannabe veggie! ha ha!:rolleyes:

the people's republic..don't get me started...you already know my thoughts on this is think... good ramblings and i look forward to a cuppa of yogi tea again soon!

also i think i should say to everyone-this is alex, he's been here for about a year but not really posted in the uk forum. met him for the first time last night and he is one sound guy! so please do the timehonoured uk forum tradition and offer him a cuppa an a special bickie!
    namaste
    x x x

3. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

Yeah, I met Alex about a month ago and he is a really nice guy.

4. rainbow dew

rainbow dew Member

hehe yup lets dedicate this thread to him, so that when he comes back after studying hell get a nice surprise!:)

namaste
    x x x

5. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

awwwwwwww, a special thread for Alex, I'm sure he'd like that.
    :)

6. Jennyflower

Jennyflower Member

i dont really know alex, but he has a hell of a lot of good views on htings! good on him. and yeah, any1 for a cuppa?

7. Nistix

Nistix Member

Thanks alot guys...

Well... every thread I write is dedicated to all of you!!! I love you all... including all of you I am yet to meet.
    I only managed one chapter today when I was studying!
    oh well... perhaps tomorrow things will be easier.
    xx