Rally the Traditional Music Lovers

Discussion in 'Music' started by Peasento, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Peasento

Peasento Member

Does anyone on here like...Celtic? Or perhaps just any old, old (i.e. around Medieval period. roughly) European or Middle Eastern music. All that traditional stuff. Or let's try for some choral or Gregorian chant type stuff? Exactly, ROCK ON!!

http://www.emuzeki.com
    They play at most of the Renaissance festivals in Texas and they're really good. They play a little of everything; some Greek, Middle Eastern, Celtic. You can listen to a bit on their site.

2. thehipsterdufus

thehipsterdufus Member

there is a HUGE renaissance festival in Norman, OK every year -- ever make it up to that one?

3. Peasento

Peasento Member

Wooo! My cousin and his friends whom I love so so dearly and are into the Renaissance scene too go to that one. Have you been to it? Is it any good? That's awesome. He's gonna try to sell some of his chainmaille there next year, I think. Now I'm all excited. Ren fests get me happy.

4. thehipsterdufus

thehipsterdufus Member

Na, I'm not really into the Res. festival stuff. I just remember that it is pretty big, and I used to meet people in town (when I lived there) from TX, Kansas, Arkansas, Missouri, etc.

There's a Res festival here in CO, in Larkspur, that goes on weekends for several weeks. The scenery is beautiful.