Rain Bathing

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by hippyjeepgirl, Apr 2, 2007.

1. hippyjeepgirl

hippyjeepgirl Member

We hadnt had rain in about 3 or 4 weeks until yesterday, and it finally came a hard warm long day rain. We first went for a walk, and finally just stripped down to our shoes and walked around the farm. It was amazing how good it felt to have those drops splash against my skin. I stood under the edge of the tin roof on the barn and let the water pour all over me. Finally I went inside grabbed some soap and bathed myself in the rain in the yard, letting
    the rain wash me clean. It had to be one of the most invigorating and sensual natural experiences I have had in a long time.
    [​IMG]

2. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Rain bathing is even better than waterfalls... you don't hve to stand in one place!

3. RawAndNatural

RawAndNatural Member

Thanks for sharing this idea with us! It must be amazing! I've got to try it someday.

4. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

In general when it rains the weather is cool, and obviously not sunny, and if you aren't doing anything really strenuous you're going to get cold. It sounds like really experiencing nature, but once you're naturally shivering, you start thinking about a good old artificial house over your head, or some nasty confining warm clothes. But if I were hiking up a mountain and the rain started, I'd very likely be bare if I could get away with it (assuming that it wasn't the kind of mountain where there'd be a risk of hypothermia, etc).

5. flyboy5506

flyboy5506 Member

Uug! Why would you want to wear shoes? Going barefoot is the best part.

6. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

It is fun, and when it is warm here, we almost Never wear any clothes. Our farm is secluded, and nearest neighbors are over half a mile away. They are nudists too, just because we all can.
    Peaceful thoughts to you... Farmout :)

7. bkcmar

bkcmar keep those feet bare

I have bathe in a shower as well. It is a lot of fun and playful. OK. I am a barefooter, so I do not understand why you would not remove your shoes?

8. LittleHip

LittleHip Member

I wish I could do all these stuff you're talking about!Be a barefoot, a nudist and take bath in the rain........I'm so jealous and so sad to live in a town when everyone stares at even if you re not naked and if you be a barefoot you ll be nothing but a little poor girl and everyone will pass by and give some coins because they think you re a beggar!

9. Woodpoppies

Woodpoppies Member

sounds liberating

10. velvet melodies

velvet melodies Member

what a fantastic way to live!

11. hippyjeepgirl

hippyjeepgirl Member

I do enjoy barefootin it alot of the time, but when you live on a farm and have animals, shoes are sometimes a neccesity more than a choice. My favorite thing to walk in barefoot is clover. Mud can be fun too. When I was little I used to enjoy walking in the fields behind the plow and feelin the fresh plowed ground between my toes.

12. Seung-Hui Cho

Seung-Hui Cho Banned

sounds to cold for me I like water hot and clean to many envirionment pollutants on the skin to many times in the rain where I live

13. PLURx3

PLURx3 Member

oh god, that is something I MUST do before I die. Sounds so liberating and natural and beautiful. If I didnt have neighbors and parents who would think im physco, id do that everytime it rained.

14. HomicidalMercury

HomicidalMercury Member

I love to take showers in the rain, but because they decided to put in a bunch of houses right behind mine I can't do it anymore. However I would love to own a farm so, if only, I could do it again

15. ganesha1967

ganesha1967 barefoot bellybearer

That is one of the aspects I miss since I don't live in our trailer commune any longer (no longer existent, sadly - see below for my cozy and cute home). Since we were living in a space fairly apart from a road or houses, I and others were able regularly to take rainbaths, and be skyclad around our site very often...

I still love the feeling of a cool shower on a hot day when being barefoot all over
    :)

~*Ganesha*~
    [​IMG]

16. Nude_Sun

Nude_Sun Member

i love to be naked and feel the rain on my body in the forest,i love smelling the nature and then become one with it

17. HomicidalMercury

HomicidalMercury Member

Who dont?

18. TeagysCarbon

TeagysCarbon Guest

The forecast says it's going to rain tomorrow, I'm totally going to try this!

19. Poppy Sunshine

Poppy Sunshine atypical hippie Lifetime Supporter

While I've never actually BATHED in the rain, I've always enjoyed standing in it (esp. a heavy downpour!) and getting soaked (sometimes naked, sometimes clothed - depending on where I am at the time).

I'll stand in the rain anytime, anywhere and unless it's storming, I'll do just about anything in the rain that I'd do outside if it weren't raining (hiking, playing with the dog, whatever!).

We get brief rain showers that come up out of the blue without warning where I live. I just love it when I'm outside with others and it starts to rain and they all go running for cover and I just keep on keeping on.

Next time it's dark and pouring down rain, I think I just might grab a bar of soap and a towel and step outside...