Rage against the War Machine

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Scarecrow13, Feb 19, 2023.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'd say NATO was organized to stop the authoritarian regime in The Soviet Union from grabbing even more countries than they did. They are very ambitious in their desire to enslave as many countries as they can.

2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

As I recall they did not apply for NATO membership until AFTER they were attacked by Putin's zombie forces.

They did have ambitions of joining the EU.

sureño likes this.
  3. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

There will be wars as long as corrupt companies can prosper from it. Human life and suffering means very little to them.

4. sureño

sureño Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Absolutely true. Also with the war Sweden and Finland decided to join NATO. It backfired. But that wasn't enough to stop the disaster. If you know you have a dangerous threatening madman, either confront him or avoid him. The US made neither choice and its actions led to the sacrifice of the people of Ukraine. Now to solve it, NATO provides weapons. I never saw a fire put out by adding fuel to the fire.
    Our lives go on more or less the same as before. In Washington, Paris, London... life goes on more or less its comfortable life as before. In Ukraine there are many people who are living hell if they have not lost their lives yet. Putin and his subordinates are primarily responsible. NATO follows in responsibility.

Scarecrow13 and ~Zen~ like this.
  5. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Oo!

The Ukraine may divide. West and East. I don't care.

6. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

So to those who say that opposing to increased involvement in the Ukraine/Russia war is ":giving Putin everything he wants" was opposition to the Vietnam war giving Ho Chi Minh all he wanted?

sureño likes this.
  7. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

well, yes. I dont want to judge our President too harshly in this.

8. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

That depends on whether you think Ho Chih Minh launched a war of aggression against another nation that hated him and was determined to resist him at all costs. That's the danger of making superficial analogies from one historical context to another. Was Allied opposition Hitler's invasion of Sudetenland and Czechoslovakia a bad thing. I don't think so. That's the better analogy. Russia's unjustified invasion of Ukraine is a blatant violation of international law and the UN Charter. It happened cuz we let it get away with annexing Crimea. If Putin gets away with this, others will be next.

9. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

So you're saying "corrupt companies" are behind Putin's invasion of Ukraine?

10. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

So was the January 6 attack on the Congress. Different groups of stupid people uniting for an unworthy cause. BTW, it was a big flop.

11. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

You mean go to war with Russia and launch World War III? Oh, that Biden. What a wimp!