Radiohead

Discussion in 'Music' started by WaitingForTheSun, May 15, 2004.

1. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

Radiohead is one of my favorite bands and has been for a really long time. Their music is just so different and Thom Yorke is so crazy. I was just wondering if anyone knew if he was into any drugs. It really seems like he's done his fair share (well, maybe a little more) but I've never read about them doing anyting, which sort of boggles my mind. I mean, I saw them in concert and it was INTENSE. So yeah.. just wondering if anyone knew.

2. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

I have been a rhead fan for a while too...When I turn on the radeo and I hear r head I get so into it and it takes me back in the day...I have a few of their cd's. I think it would be awsome to see them in concert but I have never.

3. NaturalMysticYum

NaturalMysticYum Member

hey waitingforthe sun! i live in littleton 2! what a small world. How old r u?

peace
    oh jah i dig radiohead too, only when its raining or im fairly depressed. i love their song hunting bears. killer guitar.
    ok now peace for real

4. NaturalMysticYum

NaturalMysticYum Member

wow im a big reject. i just realized it says your 16... lol well in that case what la escuela do you go to.

5. sonik

sonik Member

The Bends was my fav album of theirs.

Great songwriting on that one.

:cool:

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Lots of people like them, but I can't say that I do.

7. sonik

sonik Member

I think they are greatly overated. However they can write really good popy songs. In fact I wish they did a bit more of that ;)

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

They're good if you're comparing them with other mainstream rock bands of their era. But there are plenty of bands - even today - that are doing things far more original. Radiohead are often described as being innovators, which kind of peeves me, because that's just not true. I can respect them for at least trying to bring some eclecticism to the mainstream, though. But it's all been done before. Radiohead simply take a lot of old ideas from the more obscure, experimental music of the past 30 years, and puts them into a somewhat poppy, song-structured format, making them easier for the masses in injest without too much heartburn. I suppose this in itself is somewhat unique, but it's nothing mind-blowing.

9. sonik

sonik Member

Agreed.

:)

10. KJ is cool

KJ is cool Member

lol sonik your just trying to kiss up to rat!

to the original poster i think i remember reading that non of the members do drugs. at least they dont anymore.

11. sonik

sonik Member

pfft I dont kiss up to anybody. I just think they are really overated. It probably stems from the fact that I listen to a lot of 60's and 70's experimental music and then radiohead comes along and all my friends are like "ooohhh these guys are the most inovative band ever!!! OMG *droool*"

hehe

:p

12. Sebbi

Sebbi Senior Member

My guitar teacher got me into them by teaching me a load of their stuff. I don't like Hail to the Thief though.

My fav album of their's is definately the Bends.

Blessings

Sebbi