Radharani

Discussion in 'Hinduism' started by prismatism, May 21, 2007.

1. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

Spoken like someone attached to doctrine! You have some bad misconceptions about psychedelics. Did you know that mushrooms and ayahuasca have been used, for something like thousands of years, in tribal shamanistic religions for divine purposes?

Do you realize that the most qualitatively potent psychedelic known to man, DMT, may be endegenous to our brain and may account for what we experience when we die?

Is that invalid because of the chemical being released? I mean dying, seems pretty natural to me.

niranjan: You obviously don't understand that propaganda is very prevalent when it comes to information about drugs, especially psychedelics. Psychedelics and the psychedelic culture is a huge topic that you have to both experience AND gain knowledge about to offer a valid opinion on the topic. Looking at wikipedia does not make you an expert.

2. niranjan

niranjan Member

Well, I have seen a lot of drug addicts, emaciated, mentally finished, ugly, prone to violent behaviour in order to get money to buy drugs, lacking discrimination, socially aloof and repulsive, and parasites to society.

And I didn't see them in the wikipedia.

3. 2cesarewild

We're talking about psychedelics, not heroin, or crack, or meth, or whatever else has caused this behavior in people you have seen. Once again, you demonstrate a fundamental misunderstanding of drugs.

4. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

Yes, drug addicts. How many people are begging and and stealing to feed their LSD addiction?

5. 2cesarewild

I think it's frightening for people to find that most of what they have been taught is a lie, which is why people cling to silly ideas in this kind of situation.

6. Krsna Bhakti

As hard as it is for me to imagine how one could be frightened of the truth, I can still imagine it. But, its not easy :tongue:

7. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

Yes it is unnatural. Please try to understand, the body has a regulated way of maintaining itself. Body releases chemicals involved in mood changes & perception of reality in a regulated fashion , it is always harmful to mess this up, if you did not have a bad experience until now, you may have it in the future.

LSD has the capacity to give you some illusion of spiritual reality, but it is simply an illusion. There are cases where people have bad trips on LSD and because the drug's effects are so unpredictable, there have been cases where a person dies.
    You may think the government health organizations are foolish to ban LSD, but then again they are experts on the subject and you are just a layman. They do hold more credibility than your opinions.

8. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

There is a big difference between inaction in fear and inaction in wisdom, you have to be more spiritually mature to understand this.

9. Krsna Bhakti

Oh are they? The same "experts" who used LSD for mind control / military purposes, aka a Weapon? While the real experts, aka the guy who found LSD and the scientists and therapists who used it, found amazing results, and were shut down because the goverment feared peoples minds being open and realizin how fucked up the goverment actually is, and that maybe, JUST MAYBE, Jesus didnt rise from the dead? Come on Jedi, I thought you werent this assumtive and misinformed. The rest of your post I dont care to comment on, because this is becoming redundant. You either KNOW or you DONT KNOW.

10. Krsna Bhakti

Actually, know you dont, you need to be more spiritually experienced to follow through with this, it is actually a very simple concept. And how is it wise to blindly believe what the goverment, who is responsible for theft and war (too many things to list really) tells us? Answer this and I may just send you some free acid Jedi :tongue:

11. niranjan

niranjan Member

Well, excuse me, but my bias against lsd started when I read some novels about lsd which charecterised it as evil . Since I see most drugs as evil, I thought this was the case with lsd as well. And if lsd is not that harmful, and its positives are greater than its negatives, then I don't see any reason why it can't be used.
    However considering what most drugs do to human beings, I do hope that people use lsd and psychedelics with caution and circumspectly.

Peace

Niranjan.:H

12. Krsna Bhakti

FINALLY! You have realized the truth. Of course people who use LSD use it responsibly, the ones who dont are usually scarred so badly for life that they never touch it again. I've seen it happen, and believe me, it is not the drug, it is a little thing called KARMA.

13. 2cesarewild

You describe a simple concept. Your pseudo-intellectual babble isn't fooling anyone.

The release of DMT when you DIE is unnatural? You must have meant something else. Dying is probably the most 'natural' thing that can happen to you.

The government's expertise is in lies and deceit. How can you not know this? Government is in place to control people in a way that promotes their [the government's] agenda. Seems to me like illusion has clouded your eyes.

14. 2cesarewild

Check out My Problem Child by Hofmann if you are interested in the subject of LSD.

15. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

FDA is nothing to do with the war. Don't stereotype the government as one organization.
    If they are using LSD for military purposes on captured prisoners then thats just cruel and unusual.

16. Krsna Bhakti

Im not stereotyping, but what the law is, the law is, and the law regarding LSD is made in, no, not ignorance, in fear. They know the potential of LSD, and they fear it. The reason they fear it, you may be asking yourself, at this present moment of reading this post? Because they Tried to use it as a weapon, and instead found that, !!!!!!!!! it made soldiers want to quit the army and love and respect their fellow man!

17. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

The fact that you use DMT exogenously is unnatural. If you want to experience spiritual awakening, then there are better ways of doing it, this is what I meant.

The reason I do not know the government's expertise is in lies and deceit is because I do not share the same ideas as you. You have a mindset that is antigovernment, therefore you do not accept the credibility of people who spend time to research into these things. This is not my problem.
    If you want to have an excuse to use LSD , go ahead, but I am not a fan of losing control of my senses. Thanks.

I apologize if I seem as a pseudo-intellectual, the problem here is that english is not my first language and I learned english by reading in High school.

18. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

If the government banned LSD because it poses the possibility that people will stop fighting each other, then it should also ban Buddhism, Hinduism or any non violent religion because these too pose a possibility of turning people into nonviolent and compassionate individuals.

The fact is, LSD makes one lose control of his senses, which can lead one to harm himself or others unintentionally. After you lose the control of your senses, there is no "responsibility or using responsibly" when it is out of your hands. Hinduism tells one that he should refrain from ever losing the control of his senses.We will lose alot in life, if we become slaves to our own senses.

19. 2cesarewild

Are you serious? Way off man, way off. I accept the credibility of research that isn't funded by a propaganda machine.

You are in serious need of an awakening if you think government doesn't have an agenda that they will promote any way they can. I am not necessarily anti-government, but I am pro-truth.

Correct, it isn't, your problem is that you cling to what you know instead of indulging the idea that what you know isn't absolute truth.

I don't need an excuse. What does that ambiguous statement "losing control of my senses" even mean? Does that mean you fall asleep, you can't walk, what? That's quoted ad nauseum from some online article.

English isn't the problem here, the main problem is your choice to blindly side with the most accessible information, when generally, the most accessible information is the most biased.

20. 2cesarewild

The government IS one huge machine. You think the FDA isn't partly controlled by other agencies? The government operates as a huge body with many arms.