Radharani

Discussion in 'Hinduism' started by prismatism, May 21, 2007.

1. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

So - a drunk who believes in silly fake gurus like rajneesh has discrimination? I think not.

2. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

Nobody is disputing this, as I already stated that LSD in the wrong hands is dangerous. As is religion in the wrong hands, as our guns in the wrong hands. As is anything if you think about it.

3. niranjan

niranjan Member

So drinking beers makes me a drunk !!! What other gems of wisdom have you got.

And I have also stated that all that is logical and practical in Rajneeshs teachings should be accepted and the rest should be rejected.

4. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

'There is no substance which is not a toxin if taken in sufficient quantities'

- Paracelus.

Point is that not only guns, religion etc are more dangerous, but so are the legal drugs such as booze and nicotene, yet these are allowed.

People are brainwashed, and believe in the lies perpetrated by their leaders. They lack the capacity to think for themselves, and hence they just perpetuate the same old BS generation after generation.

The 'dangers of lsd' are a bit like 'Iraq's weapons of mass destruction'.

5. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

It does indeed. Why else drink the shite? Or perhaps you're immune from the effects?

If you do a web search, you will find much authentic info on the horrors of alc. These include: brain damage, kidney damage, liver damage, social disfunction, agressive behaviour etc etc.

Yet back at the Poona ashram, it was a 7/24 drug party.

6. niranjan

niranjan Member

I drink beer in moderation. It does not make me a drunk. And while it gives me a kick , I do not at all lose my discrimination.

And again I repeat, only that which is logical and rational in Oshos teachings should be accepted and the rest rejected.

7. Krsna Bhakti

And who is to say that LSD causes one to lose discrimination?! Im sorry to inform you friend, while you appear quite educated on Krsna you are pretty ignorant concerning that which you continue to argue about, and it is making other followers of Krsna, like me, look like idiots.

8. niranjan

niranjan Member

The wikipedia and other books and magazines have said the same thing. I get my info from them.

9. Krsna Bhakti

So, not only do you blindly believe what others tell you, you also blindly believe internet sources?! wow
    The only writing I have faith in is the Bhagavad Gita, but that is not a blind faith. That is faith through practice and actualized results. In fact, some of the most incredible realizations came to me on LSD and mushrooms, which I feel have advanced me closer to God then pointless meditation, which I was practicing incorrectly before tripping. The meditation and the Mantra now make complete and total sense to me, same with the syllable OM. I believe it would have taken me many years to realize the signifigance of that syllabyl, had I not realized it on mushrooms. But I speak from experience, you speak from the written words of ignorant fools. Its a shame, really.

10. niranjan

niranjan Member

What these 'others ' have told me is based on scientific sources.

Meditation has been helpful to me and many others.If you had practiced it correctly with patience, you too would have found results,without depending on external aids.

And why don't you type some matter here on the "incredible realizations" that you got after lsd and mushrooms , so that others can find how wise you really are.

11. Krsna Bhakti

First of all, I HAVE found results through meditation, and I do not see the harm in finding the results faster than I would have otherwise. Could you please explain how that is harmful? Now I am closer to God than I have ever been, I sure hope that I dont suddenly destroy myself.

And, I would be more than happy to share with you the realizations I have come to, but sadly I may only list a few, as most of them are way beyond the ability to explain with language, others you would not understand since you have not been there.
    Earlier in this thread, I wrote about how I had eaten mushrooms last Friday, and was aware of Krsna in a garden in the sense as I was part of the scenery, the enviorment, I had no self, no body, no ego, no nothing. I was at one with the universe, at one with the spiritual universe, and that kind of bliss can not be imparted to you with words.
    Again in this thread, about 2 posts ago, I wrote how I realized the signifigance of the sylabll OM, and if you really need me to explain that, then you yourself do not understand the purpose and should go drop some acid ASAP.
    Another example is that before I ever found Krsna or even the Gita, I had realized the oneness of the universe, the Divine Love, the compassion to genuinely care for others and put others needs before my own. I realized the falsehood of Christianity and the false sense of security that American society tends to put on its citizens in order to keep them in fear and "on point". I realized the need to work and not consume the fruit of my work. I realized the life energy throughout the Earth. I realized that all well-natured religions come to the same goal : acceptance, udnerstanding, peace, and love.
    Im sure there are many more I can state here but I hope that you get the picture. Like I said, many more realizations could not be understood by words, you have to experience them yourself.
    BTW, I never claimed to be wise ;)

12. niranjan

niranjan Member

Perhaps it will be a good idea for you to go through the OP of my thread , The real cause of islamic terrorism.

13. Krsna Bhakti

Perhaps you should drop some acid.

14. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

Doubt he's got the balls for such action.

Too busy getting pissed and telling us all where it's at.

15. Krsna Bhakti

True :D
    Good thing I still have a 1/4 of amazing mushrooms in the freezer. This weekend should be wonderful, Im taking my son to the beach again. I must say that when I tripped on them last Friday, when I was laying with him in bed, I felt so connected and understanding of a childs mind. Absolutley amazing, he was just rolling around (it was 2am) and I was playing with his hair and rubbing his back while he slept. Awesome! I had never tripped around him before. Of course I waited until after peaking so I was in the comfortable stage, as these are some potent ones.

16. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

It's a pretty low grade and low level kick from booze. Alc is basically a depressant. It works by literally short circuting the brain.
    I know several alchoholics, and they're just screwed up people.

Cannabis is much, much better. It actually turns on the brain rather then switching it off.
    IMO it takes many days to recover normalcy after even a small indulgence in alc - but it dulls the perceptions, and so the drinker is usually quite oblivious of this fact.
    It is also a pain in the arse being around people who are drinking when one doesn't drink oneself. It shows it for what it is - crap.

Most of the trippers I know are nice, caring and intelligent folk.

You see, the stimulus to the consciousness acid gives can't be understood unless you've been there. And there's simply no other route at present.

It has in effect revolutionuzed many aspects of modern culture, although of course this isn't acknowledeged by he straight, mainstream society.

Lets take an example which has some relevance to Hinduism - Geroge Harrison.
    As George said in a 1984 interview - 'before acid it was black and white, after acid it was glorous technicolour'.
    If George had never had acid, it's very doubtful if he'd ever have looked so deep into eastern mysticism, and since George had been a big inspiration to many to start out on the spiritual quest, the world would have been that much the poorer.

Even ISKCON wouldn't now own a muti million dollar mansion in the south of england which he gave to them (mistakenly probably given the antics since that time).

None of that would ever have occured if George hadn't had LSD.

We'd also never have had the music of Jimi Hendrix, possibly the most influential musician of the 1960's. And there are thousands and thousands of other cases.

17. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

Not preaching KB, but just a word of advice. Don't go overboard on psychedelics, or do them too often. Myself I think once a month would be a reasonable average.
    You need time to fully grok the exerience, and make whatever changes you need to make.
    Overdoing psychedelics can be counter -productive.

I haven't done any for about a decade personally - although I used at one time to take them regularly. I just don't feel the need or the urge. Not that I'm closed to taking it again at some time, but the truth is we all go through phases in life, and my big psychedelic phase was some years back.
    Like Tim Leary said, the message is 'drop out, turn on, tune in'.
    The tuning in phase means partly learning to utilize and even share the insights one has gained.

It's wonderful that you are bonding with your child - I think one definite insight it does give is a kind of total empathy with other beings - adults, children, animals, plants - even Universe Herself.:)

One can't even begin to describe the LOVE.....

I strongly advise anyone who intends to use LSD to read the excellent 'Centre of the Cyclone' by Doc. John C.Lilly.

18. Krsna Bhakti

I hear ya man. I took LSD once and mushrooms 4 times in the past two months, but before then it had been over 2 years since I had taken any. Just doing a bit of soul searching is all ;)

19. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

Cool.

Do check out Lilly's book if you get chance - it's extremely interesting. Lilly did experiments combining the use of lsd and an isolation tank, among other things. His words about acid are among the most sensible I've come across.

20. niranjan

niranjan Member

So are you saying that the vaishnavas in India, and meerabai too, used to take lsd , in order to experience Krishna.