Radharani

Discussion in 'Hinduism' started by prismatism, May 21, 2007.

1. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

So, YOU are saying that just because certain people dont understand the potential benefits of LSD and therefor had it banned from us, it automatically is dangerous?! Let me ask, have you personally ever ingested LSD? Because if you had, and didnt have an overwhelmingly negative experience, I sincerley dout you would be saying, what you are saying ;)

I agree with prism in some ways in this thread. The last time I ingested magic mushrooms, 3/4 of the trip was spent observing Krsna in the sense of myself blending into the enviorment around Him. I was not a physical person, I was just aware. I have had similar experiences sober, and if anything, LSD and Psylocibon have enabled me to embrace that which is considered taboo, i.e. the body, or open mindedness.

What has cocaine ever done for anyone, besides destroy their health and ruin their finances? Nothing.

If psychedelic drugs turn you off or frighten you, then by all means stay away. But that does not mean that the rest of us should not be allowed to partake in something so wonderful, yet so truly misunderstood. Reality is what you make of it anyway. :)

2. Krsna Bhakti

BTW, can you provide one shred of ACTUAL evidence that LSD causes physical harm to the body? I am not disputing the fact that it can damage ones psyche, but it seems to me that a lot of people are under the impression that psychedelics cause physical harm.

3. niranjan

niranjan Member

Anything that produces adverse health affects and damages the nervous system is dangerous and hence it should be banned.

Nope, and I am not interested as well. I am more interested in knowing Krishna through love from my heart, and not through artificial external aids, which is bad for the health in the long run.

As the enlightened master Meher Baba himself said , God cannot be realized in a pill.

4. Krsna Bhakti

First of all, LSD Does NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT damge the nervous system. In fact, it damages NOTHING. Again, a misunderstanding commonly shared by many people. Why do you speak on that which you have no real knowledge.

Second, LSD is not a pill, it is an unstable molecule about 20x smaller than a grain of sand.

Anything else that I say is of no importance to you because you obviously close your eyes to that which is alien to you. In my heart, I know that it is a very beautiful thing, and I am not going to disregard my wonderful experiences that taught me the magic and beauty in life all around us simply because some enlightened guru tells me so. In a way he is right, you cant realize God through chemicals, but in a way, he is wrong because you can at least get a taste for God. LSD is not like every other drug, but to explain this to someone who so blindly refutes it, is like explaining Calculus to an infant.

5. SvgGrdnBeauty

SvgGrdnBeauty only connect

Well it is quite addictive...I know its hard for many people to stop even if they want to. Also, it will never officially be banned b/c too many people get a nice pocketful of money from it.... sad but true.

6. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

God can be realized in anything and everything, which includes LSD in case you didn't know.

7. Krsna Bhakti

Agreed, 100%

Krsna allows us to do what we choose, and its not as if we are worshipping LSD, we are purley using it to see what our mind is truly capable of.

8. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

Well said KB.

It's laughable that so may 'enlightened' people imagine that LSD or other Indole Ring psychedelics such as psilocybin and DMT are damaging to the body. It's sheer prejudice which is probably the result of brainwashing by the media and a collection of spurious 'gurus'.

It is also an unfortunate propernsity of some to blab about that of which they know absolutely zero.

Just one small correction - LSD can come in the form of microdot pills, but these days, that's quite a rarity.

9. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

You show your ignorance really well here by lumping cocaine and LSD together. Kindly do us a favour and shut up unless you know what you're talking about.
    There is absolutely no doubt that tobacco is damaging to the body - there is equally no doubt that LSD is not.

10. Krsna Bhakti

Thanks Snake ;)

And yea I know LSD can come in pill form, Im was just letting him know what it is as a chemical :) But yea micro dots are pretty rare :)

11. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

Sigh, just because there is no evidence that it damages the body does not mean that it does not damage. Second of all, using any receptor activating /repressing chemical in the body is dangerous- yes this includes using drugs for depression etc. they have many side effects.

I don't understand why people depend on these chemicals. Some people have to take drugs to cure physical sickness, and that is understandable, even if drugs may cause side effects, they are taken because the person is suffering from physical sickness. But others , just take them for a "ride" , or some sort of ethereal experience, when the same "experiences" could be gained without any such chemicals in the body.
    If you ask me, the person who uses the chemicals to gain "insight" completely misses the point of Hinduism, He fools himself thinking that he has some experience when there is nothing there except illusion. He is no different than those fanatics who go around preaching or repeating what others have said without the slightest understanding of what they are talking about.

12. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

No , God cannot be realized if you continuously immerse yourself in this maya. One has to come out of maya to realize God. It is true that God is everything and everywhere, but one who is attached to the body , or a certain effect of the chemical within the body is quite far from actual realization. He only fools himself. Pretending or attaching oneself to false realizations , achieves nothing.

13. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

Even food has some side effects - the thing is with lsd is that any side effect is so minimal that scientists haven't been able to detect any despite years of politically driven efforts to do so.

It's not only actual physical substances that have side effests though. So do religious and philosophical ideas, and the truth is these are often worse than the side effects of even the worse drugs, and affect larger numbers of people. From 9/11 to illegal abortions in Ireland, catholic child abuse to the crusades - all are 'side effects' of religion.
    Even the basic christian disease of guilt and fear is a side effect of belief.
    As is the self mutilation practised by some 'sadhus' in India.

Maybe LSD is actually part of the cure for this global insanity.

It isn't a question of dependency where psychedelics are concerned. They are not addictive. Many people try something and don't necesarily repeat the experience over and over. Myself, I haven't taken acid or similar for many years, but I defend the right of others to use this tool to explore their own c0onsciousness if thats what they want.

For many psychedelics have been the key that has set them on a lifetime's quest into the spiritual.

14. niranjan

niranjan Member

Well, I have taken cigarretes, beer , alcohol and stuff, but I have never taken drugs. So you must excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject.

However i do know from reading that lsd is considered a drug and is perceived as harmful. And since it is a drug , it can be grouped together with cocaine and marijuana.

Here is what i got from wikipedia on the adverse health effects of LSD.

Physical reactions to LSD are highly variable and may include the following: uterine contractions, hypothermia, fever, elevated levels of blood sugar, goose bumps, increase of heart rate, jaw clenching, perspiration, pupil-dilation, saliva production, mucus production, sleeplessness, paresthesia, euphoria, hyperreflexia, tremors and synesthesia. LSD users report numbness, weakness, trembling, and nausea.

Although LSD is generally considered nontoxic, it may temporarily impair the ability to make sensible judgments and understand common dangers, thus making the user susceptible to accidents and personal injury.

There are some cases of LSD inducing a psychosis in people who appeared to be healthy prior to taking LSD. This issue was reviewed extensively in a 1984 publication by Rick Strassman.[41] In most cases, the psychosis-like reaction is of short duration, but in other cases it may be chronic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LSD

15. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

You have taken drugs then, as both alc and nicotene are drugs. Only difference is that you've taken legal drugs. Both of which are definitely more harmful than many illegal substances.

As can alc and ciggarettes. It's a fool who can't discriminate between coke and lsd or cannabis.

Here is what i got from wikipedia on the adverse health effects of LSD.

This is utter nonsense. Some of these effects can be attributed to other drugs. For example, jaw clenching is a symptom of having taken too much MDMA.
    However, none of the other symptoms apply to lsd. As usual, wiki proves an unreliable source of correct info.

So do many things - would you like to ban all of them too?

No doubt that LSD can lead to psychosis in those who are mentally unstable to begin with.

16. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

The side effects I was referring to are physical side effects. Foods that have side effects should be avoided and they depend on person to person. Foods have nutritional value... by the way, what is the scale that says "minimum or maximum or negligible" ? . Agreed, the side effects are minimal, still this drug offers nothing except a ride, and you don't even know if it is authentic spiritual experience.

This is just like attachment to siddhis. It achieves nothing in the end.

17. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

I guess the side effects of religion I mentioned are largely physical too. Massive death toll and injury in the case of 9/11 and the crusades. Self mutilation from insane sadhus. Over population and starvation/poverty as a result of catholic ban on contraception.

How can you know if any experience is 'authentic'? All experiences are dependent on the brain and the chemical balance of the brain.
    It's quite feasible for instance that certain meditative practices lead to a rise in serotonin and dopamine levels. That is probably the explanation for why they work, or why people feel a sense of well being as a result of them.

18. Krsna Bhakti

Actually, you are very wrong, but it is pointless to argue with you about this because you simply have NO idea what it is like. I know for a fact that it is just as authentic as any other spiritual experience. Its a shame that some people never will because of those who wish to ban it from existance, such as you. Maybe you dont know what its like to be raised in an enviorment where the true beauty of life is shunned, only to have it fully exposed in an instant by means of a wonderous chemical. Look at the large gatherings of people where LSD was involved, Woodstock for example. Have you ever seen something so peaceful and beautiful as that come from this country? I didnt think so.

19. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

:)
    KB - It's true - unless you've tried it you just can't have any conception of what it does.
    Personally, I tend to mistrust those who are psychedelic virgins, as they just can't, by any other known method. have seen the same thing.

20. niranjan

niranjan Member

And except for beer, I have stopped the rest.

Well, I guess you can say there are millions of 'fools' around as they too have not taken drugs and are not interested in them as well.

So , i guess when it does not agree with you, it becomes 'utter nonsense.' How convenient.

Well, all that which destroys the discrimination, which is very important for intelligent action, thought and character, indeed should be banned. Or responsible people should stop using it, in order to set an example .

Hence Lsd is indeed dangerous.